Boat Brokerage Promotional Slideshow

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Boat Brokerage Promotional Slideshow

Postby Boatbroker1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:20 am

Put this together using various elements of our website as backgrounds. Approximately 5 minutes long. I've been toying around with PSG for just about a year now and all input, good OR bad, will be appreciated.

http://www.photodex.com/share/boatbroker1/29w69mg4

Thanks

Re: Boat Brokerage Promotional Slideshow

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:52 am

Welcome Boatbroker1,

Pretty snappy presentation... :D

A few things stood out for me.

The 30 second "soldboats.com" segments with boat footage, prices etc was long and annoying when repeated. The website name is difficult to read in the display. If that's a caption put it on the top. If it isn't you'll have to make the rest of that text an image to be able to put it under so the site name is legible. As it stands, that part did not float my boat.

If you just put the soldboat.com segment at the beginning and end, it would give you time to add to the testimonials so people could read the entire text. Currently, there isn't enough time for those testimonial captions to be read.

The main image display with a thin outline is off the screen to the right. Not sure what's happening there but is distracting to me.

I liked what you did with the navy blue Mariner Yacht Sales logo spread. The eyes at 4:37-38 near the end are "eye-catching" but if I had blinked, I'd have missed them! LOL

I'm confused as to what company is being advertised because of all the .coms in the show.

soldboats.com
MarinersNetwork.com
(Any other .coms I may have missed)

If people missed the phone numbers displayed in the middle of a 5 minute presentation, I'm not sure if people will want to sit through it all to get that info again.

Overall, my preference might be for a shorter show, place contact info at beginning and end when possible.

Nice pics and music. :D

Thanks for sharing your promo. :D
Last edited by debngar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Very artfully done, but I'm thinking along the same lines as Debbie about the need for it being a shorter show. No matter how well put together, it's an ad, and as such, you don't want people to lose patience and wander off. Grab 'em, hold 'em, and shove 'em off while they still thirst for more.

"Eye Catching" is supposed to be hyphenated: Eye-catching is the correct form.

If you can do the things you've done here, I can only imagine what you might do if you got your hands on Producer! :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Boatbroker1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 am

Ladies,

Thanks for the input. I totally agree with your assessments. The intention of this presentation is to be part of a DVD "loop" used at boat shows, so the advice about the contact info and testimonials is especially useful. The blinking eyes were a lucky find although I'm not sure I'll keep using them. Kinda spooooooky!! I've made similar shows for individual boats to use during viewings and that's been well received. Nice way to show off the flatscreens and sound systems found these days.
I'm working on something that can be added as a link to emails and there's no doubt that has to be much shorter and higher impact. PSP is in my future. Far too hooked not to use it!!

Thanks again!!

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:01 am

Your vision for this as a looping video at boat shows certainly puts a different spin on it, meaning that shortening it down to typical advertisement length may not be quite appropriate. It would be too much of too little. :D

Go for Producer! You absolutely won't regret it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Jerry Cole » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 pm

You have already had great input from two of the best reviewers on this site; there is not much more that I can add to what they have already said. You have done well within the limits of Gold. The critiques that Debbie and Barbara are right on target regardless ofthe version of ProShow you use. Thanks for posting, hope to see more as you continue to develop your skills.
Jer
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback