Friday Market in Arabia (3:41)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Friday Market in Arabia (3:41)

Postby MortenCopenhagen » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Hellp Everyone,

This is my latest show. I spend quite some time to sync the show to the music. And also I'm trying to tell a small story.

The pictures were taken on the last Friday of 2010. And I prepared the show in January of 2011.

I would love some comments from any of you.

All the best
Morten

PS: I was first very unhappy with the desaturation of all the colors that PSG performed during automatic upload to youtube. So I had to change the saturation of colors from 80 to 100% manually and uploade the files to youtube manually. What a lot of extra work. I think PSG should not be sold with 80% saturation set as default.
MortenCopenhagen

Transitions?

Postby MortenCopenhagen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:47 am

Our new friend ClickityClick PM'ed me the following:

Hello,
I'm sending this PM because I could not find a way of answering on the forum. About your show, the photography was excellent and the content, most interesting. But why did you not use any transitions? the transition from one to the other was too sharp and quick. Perhaps a transition of 2 secs would be nice. I like the music very much, but there is a way on Gold to automatically fit the show to the music. It may mean removing one or two slides, but it can be done. Well done on your show. Beautiful
Regards from Ireland
MortenCopenhagen

Re: Transitions?

Postby MortenCopenhagen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:10 am

MortenCopenhagen wrote:..why did you not use any transitions? the transition from one to the other was too sharp and quick. Perhaps a transition of 2 secs would be nice.

I like the music very much, but there is a way on Gold to automatically fit the show to the music. It may mean removing one or two slides, but it can be done.

Hello Ireland

Thanks for you kind feedback.

I did actually use other transitions than the "cut"-transition. See 2:17 - 2:33 and the last few transitions. I tried in this presentation to use fancy transitions sparingly and I did want to make the transitions follow the music closely. It is only possible to precisely sync transition to short music beats using the cut-transition. This is my main reason for using the cut-transition.

And to your second question: Yes, the Gold version of ProShow has a feature to automatically and evenly distribute slides over a time line to make it fit to the length of a music track. You find it under "Show opt" | "Music" | "Sync slide to audio". But I did not use this facility, I had to count all the beats in the different sections of the music and time them with a stopwatch. And then set all the timings of slides and transitions manually.

Welcome to the Enthusiasts-forum, ClickityClick.
MortenCopenhagen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Friday Market in Arabia (3:41)

Postby stickgirl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 am

If ClickityClick wants to respond to a show, he or she will need to read this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13688

I thought you did a great job timing the photos with the music and I enjoyed the photography. I would like to have seen more pictures of what was being sold. There seem to be a couple pictures that were duplicates, one being a ring I think. Is there some reason they were shown multiple times?

Thanks for posting.
Kathy

Postby MortenCopenhagen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:58 am

Hi Kathy,

I regret not taking more pictures of the stuff being sold. I realized it while editing the slide show. Also I should have made more pictures of the surroundings. But I went to the market to get photos of faces. They are so full of life and beautiful and such a strong contrast to how Arabs are pictured in the western media (as terrorists etc.). I hope these pictures can help balance westerners perception of Arabs. By the way: going to a market is a fantastic opportunity to get close enough to take portraits.

There are two other confessions I have to make: 1) Most of the pictures of things being sold are actually not from this market. They are from the Old Souk in Muscat (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17554) and yes some are repeat (because I needed more product-pictures) / and the jewlery shots are meant as a pause between sections of the music and 2) the items sold at this market were not very interesting.

I do like making portraits. Before I started using proshow I used Quicktime Pro to make a slideshow of faces. Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbxTwbCswNI which I actually like better because people pose for me and i get really close. Normally posing is not a good thing, but these people at the whole sale vegetable market were certainly not used to have anybody photographing them. Let me know how you like this other show. Please note they are not Arabs but most from India and Bangladesh.

All the best
MortenCopenhagen

Postby Jerry Cole » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 am

Hello Morten,
I can relate to your wish for more pics of the merchandise at the market ... alas, rarely do we have ALL the pics we want to get especially when traveling. I enjoy travelog shows, both in viewing and in producing them myself.

Many times I have had the opposite failure; that of not getting enough of the faces. I enjoyed watching your show and appreciated your efforts in timing the cuts ... I know how time consuming it can be. Excellent choice of music, well integrated with the visuals. Keep up the good work.
Jer
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback