Tarn Hows

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Tarn Hows

Postby shaw » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:36 pm

This is a 6 minute landscape slide show of a beautiful area of the English Lake District.
I welcome comments. Hoping you enjoy!
The link is:
http://www.photodex.com/share/shaw/p6a69mg4

Re: Tarn Hows

Postby slideshower » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi,
Wow! What breathtaking scenery - felt like I was right there. A lot of scenes seem 3D! I almost skipped looking at this show (I like nature but get bored quickly) but I'm so glad I didn't. I enjoyed it very much. Lucie

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:37 pm

Very nice ! What music was that ? It fit very well with the show. Some very nice pictures there, but that area certainly looks like it could be "less than inviting" with some nasty weather during the winter storms. Normally, that many different transitions would bother me in a show, but in this case, they seemed to work perfectly for me.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby tomdavis » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 pm

Very nice photography and composition. You love to take pictures of nature and I can imagine you like to visit many places of beauty.

The first 33 seconds of this show is out of place with the tempo of the music and the rest of your transitions. Pictures went by too quickly and I believe it would be better to carrry your theme from beginning to end. Have checked out your other shows in your album and very good photography. I discovered you are the one whom posted the "Rhino Mania." That was a cute showing.

Look forward to your posts in the near future. Keep that camera clicking and let us see more of your country.

Tom

Postby MortenCopenhagen » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Shaw,

I love your pictures and the scenery. Here are some suggests and comments that you could consider.

0:11 The line spacing of this text is too small. The lines are too close to each others. I this it is something that the ProShow folks should address. You could have considered to give this information as audio.

0:20-0.32 I agree that this first set of pics are moving too fast. They are shown a little jerky on my screen because you are trying to go too fast for my computer/screen.

The 1:32 circle transition is somewhat unexpected.

At 2:03 you reduce the screen size and add a background that is not from Tarn Haws, I thik. Why is that? I love seeing the beautiful scenery take up the full screen.

At 2:27 there is a person in the picture. May I suggest that I consider telling us a story? Who is this person? Hey the person is back at 4:03

The waterfall slides ending at 3:28 are pretty similar.

3:47 seems like a picture I have seen once already.

I think the clouds are often too stationary. Maybe some panning and zooming while fading on clouds could be an idea. There is one such shoot late in the show but more would be nice, I think.

At 4:21 and the next pic have some human made elements. You could tell us more about them.

These comments are meant very positively – please receive them as such.

All the best
Morten
MortenCopenhagen

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback