Seasonal Colors (app. 4 minutes)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Seasonal Colors (app. 4 minutes)

Postby ShawnR » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:31 pm

I work as a marina operator at a city operated park, and enjoy photography as a hobby. One of the park offerings is a fall leaf tour. A pontoon boat accomodating up to 25 people takes a 45 minute cruise of the lake and a representative from an environmental center provides commentary on wildlife and foliage. The lake offers beautiful views. Many people are able to visit the park and enjoy the colors of Fall, but so many cannot - my Dad being one.

The thought came to me to put together a slide show and send it to the senior community where he resides, and other communities in the local area so that some of the more confined residents may be able to enjoy some of the views. Incorporating some of the suggestions and feedback forum members provided me for the one other show I created, I ask again for your suggestions and have posted a link to my second show.

Right off you will see that I missed doing a menu, so please excuse the error. I didn't have people's permission to use their images, so faces have been blurred a tad. Also, there may be too much motion, but I was thinking it may help some of the more 'senior' seniors avoid getting bored.

http://www.photodex.com/share/shawnr/82629mg4

In advance let me say thank you to those that take the time to view and give me some further advice.

Shawn

Re: Seasonal Colors (app. 4 minutes)

Postby heckydog » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:38 pm

The show looked really good to me. It did exactly what the title said, it showed the seasonal colors. It looks like you have a good eye for composition. I'm not an expert or a pro photographer but the photos were well done.

I wouldn't have bothered with blurring the faces of those people. Nobody was close enough to recognize, it's not a commercial show, and they were in a public place with no expectation of privacy. If I could've been there to enjoy the fall colors I would have gladly let you take my picture :wink:

Joe
Last edited by heckydog on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby bjquilts63 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:06 am

I loved the show and REALLY loved all of the beautiful shots. My only suggestion would be to slow some of the slides down. I think when making shows for seniors, you need to slow the show down as you might do the opposite for kids. As a senior myself, I was relaxing and enjoying the view and it would fade all to quickly into the next shot. If you are worried about the length, you could eliminate a couple of slides. I loved it and would love your job if that is what you get to see.
Barbara

Postby ShawnR » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:36 pm

... and they were in a public place with no expectation of privacy. If I could've been there to enjoy the fall colors I would have gladly let you take my picture :wink:

Joe[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to both view and comment. It's quite rare I capture an image that has a person included, and had no idea how lightly to tread, but as I think of your comment ref. expectation of privacy I can see what you mean. Thanks again.

Shawn

Postby ShawnR » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm

[quote="bjquilts63"]... My only suggestion would be to slow some of the slides down. I think when making shows for seniors, you need to slow the show down as you might do the opposite for kids. As a senior myself, I was relaxing and enjoying the view and it would fade all to quickly into the next shot.

Excellent point! I played the show for my Dad, 92 and still ticking, and asked him what he thought of it. He replied, "You should add some sound to it.", and when I told him there was music he just gave me a blank look saying, "Can you repeat what you just said a little louder". Not sure if he saw very much.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll either kill some images (there are some weak ones) and slow it down, or loop part of the music and slow it.

Shawn

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:31 am

Very nice show. The lighting and colour in some of your photos are really stunning. I think it is a good idea to cut out the odd pic and use the extra time to concentrate on images that have the Xfactor.
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Postby eastpoint22 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Loved the slide show and the music.
A big Thumbs Up from me.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback