Autumn at Arrowsmith

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Autumn at Arrowsmith

Postby Valboo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:02 pm

The other day I was golfing at Arrowsmith Golf Course on Vancouver Island. . .the changing colors along the way
prompted me to go back the next day, this time with my trusty Nikon 5000. It's just a short production (3.49 minutes) in which I hoped to capture the beauty and peacefulness on the golf course at this time of year.

I look forward to any suggestions.

http://www.photodex.com/share/valboo/g2pa9mg4

Val
Val

Esteemed Member

Re: Autumn at Arrowsmith

Postby rlsu » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:20 pm

I love the colors in the fall. You did a great job of capturing the beauty of this course. I also liked your music selection. The only suggestion that I would make is to set some of the slides to "fit to frame" so that there is not black background showing on the sides of the pictures. I thought you did a nice job with slide transitions as well. I am a little jealous that the weather is nice enough for you to play golf. It's a little too chilly for me to play right now.
Michelle

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Normally when I see that many and such a mix of transitions, I'd say to tone it on down, but in this case they worked very well. You also seemed to be sensitive to the music and which transitions to choose to go with the parts of that music.

I definitely liked it!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Bart_B » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Val,

Beautiful photography of a gorgeous subject set to gorgeous music. Truly. I agree with filling the frame and I partially agree with Barbara. You did a nice job with a lot of styles and transitions. You slowed them down enough to where they weren't overwhelming to my eye and were pleasing. But as I watched your gorgeous photography I was thinking that I wish there had been about half as much "stuff" going on with the other half devoted to full frames with just a little motion and soft, lingering cross-fades for transitions to really emphasize the beauty of the scenes and your photography. It in other words was a really good show that could be really WOW!

Thanks for sharing, I hope to see more of your work. :D

Bart

Postby Valboo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Many thanks to Michelle, Barbara and Bart for your constructive suggestions. I didn't realize I was posting in the Gold section (the show was produced in ProShowProducer). I did some editing based on your comments, and placed it on the PSP forum today.

Again, thanks to each of your for taking the time to offer your expertise.

http://www.photodex.com/share/valboo/bk429mg4

Val
Val

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback