Remembrance Day - TAPS 1min

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Remembrance Day - TAPS 1min

Postby lindonalta » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 am

I just found out today there are various versions of words to the "Taps" music. This is one version of the words

http://www.photodex.com/share/lindonalta/9ga29mg4

Linda
Thought I better explain more:
Remembrance Day commemorates Canadians who died in the First and Second World Wars and the Korean War.
It is held every November 11.
The song Taps,(military bugle call) "has come to be known as a solemn, haunting melody that stirs emotions in the soul of anyone who hears it. It represents solemn dignity, and attempts to comfort those who have lost loved ones in the service of their country. Taps is used on 2 prescribed occasions, most often at military funerals and as a "lights-out" signal for the troops at night"
Last edited by lindonalta on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: TAPS 1min

Postby ginger » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm

That was really beautiful and very moving. I never knew what the words were.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: Remembrance Day - TAPS 1min

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:55 pm

I didn't know that Canada had the same thing as we do and on the same day in November. I wonder why that specific day? Does anyone know?

Linda, you did the show very nicely, focusing on the words and the idea behind them.

When my father-in-law died--a WWII vet--the bugler played Taps on a rise so the notes echoed ever so slightly. It was a cold day in March, and the tones were as clear and true as the crispness in the air. I can still hear it in my mind.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Barbara: The first Remembrance Day was conducted in 1919 throughout the Commonwealth. Originally called Armistice Day, it commemorated the end of the First World War on Monday, November 11, 1918 at 11 a.m.: the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

I have always know the bugle music, but I never knew there were words to go with it.

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Linda, the moment you called it Armistice Day and reminded me of its origin, I realized that, of course, we'd use the exact same date to honor the veterans. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby trulytango » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:39 am

I have made a note of the words - they're beautiful

Thank you, Linda.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback