Autumn Leaves

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Autumn Leaves

Postby PaulS » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:07 pm

I wandered my back yard a week or two ago looking for fall pix and ended up with mostly colored leaves. I thought I'd plug them into the new Wizard in Proshow to see how it worked. Being the age I am, the music choice that immediately came to my head was Roger Williams' instrumental version of "Autumn Leaves". Searching iTunes for that, I came across a vocal version by one Eva Cassidy. I decided to use her version instead and this probably turned out to be more a showcase for her voice than my photos. Sadly, her voice was silenced by melanoma in 1996 at age 33.

About 5 minutes long and no objectionable material...

http://www.photodex.com/share/studio1941/c8kk8mg4

Comments and/or criticisms solicited, but may be ignored... :D

Paul

Re: Autumn Leaves

Postby ginger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:50 am

Hi Paul,

You have some wonderful photos, and did a good job of "taming" the wizard. :D

I loved the voice of Eva Cassidy and her version of Autumn Leaves. So sorry to hear that she's not with us anymore.

Nice work!

ginger

Postby SherryJB » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Paul - What a lovely, gentle show. The styles, speed, and music all just seemed to flow. What a perfect piece of music for your show.

Methinks you should wander your backyard more often with a camera in your hand.

Thanks for sharing.

Sherry B.

Postby PaulS » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Sherry and Ginger -

Thank you both for looking and commenting. Though I've had Gold for about a year and recently moved up to Producer, I haven't made too many shows. I think the addition of the Wizard will provide the impetus to do more. For me, it offers a better starting point than a blank slate.

Paul

Esteemed Member

Postby northward » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 pm

An interesting blend of slow zooming and "modern" digital effects (I'm a bit of a traditionalist usually shunning pre-fab effects). This show might work well on a large flatscreen TV in a quiet corner of a wellness hotel... I didn't know this one of Eva Cassidy's songs, the more I listen the more I'm fascinated by her (I have used her song "True Colors" in one of my shows bearing the same name). Thanks for the extensive song-credit at the end. Hope you produce more!
Regards
Wolf
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Postby PaulS » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Wolf. I know what you mean about being more and more fascinated by Eva Cassidy's vocals. One wonders what her popularity would have become had her life not been cut short. I wish I hadn't had to wait 14 years after her death to "discover" her.

Paul

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 am

Very relaxing indeed, in good time with the sound track. Some really nice photos too.
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback