Shawn & Megan Wedding

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Shawn & Megan Wedding

Postby zelda53 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi,

I would like some feedback on a wedding video I did for my son. The photos are his and they aren't professional.
For some reason the picture quality on the PHotdex site is worse than on the DVD I burned. That's why I recommend not watching it on full screen.
I created this show right after I bought Style Pack 4 so , of course , I just had to experiment and ended up with too many styles I'm sure. But even with all that it made my son cry.... :P
There should be nothing objectionable in the show
The show lasts approx. 6.25 minutes.
I have learned so much from this forum and from trial and error learning Proshow Gold so I would appreciate any tips from you all.

Photdex sharing url:

http://www.photodex.com/share/JANEB/4kwb8mg4

Thanks in advance,
Zelda

Re: Shawn & Megan Wedding

Postby ginger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi Zelda,

I think you did a nice job with this show. You could probably be a little more selective with the number of styles, but overall I think you did a good job in the way you put it together.

The biggest improvement you could make would be with the quality of the photos. It looks to me like maybe you scanned some prints at a low resolution. Some of the photos looked okay, and others looked VERY pixelated ... and I wasn't viewing them full screen. If you have prints that you're working with, I'd suggest scanning them at 300 or even 600 ppi (or is that dpi?) resolution. This would allow you to use larger versions and zoom in if desired.

I'm sure your son and his new wife will cherish this show.

ginger

Re: Shawn & Megan Wedding

Postby zelda53 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks Ginger for your feedback
I do need to cut down on the styles, but hey, the new style pack was burning a hole in my mouse.
Actually, the photos were all digital not scanned. One of my son's friends took pictures at the wedding. Some of them looked good some not. I think with the reception pics it was because the picture taker was too far away w/o a zoom lense and the flash only goes so far. Just guessing on that.
The result; really pixally... But I just couldn't not include them .
Thanks again for your tips. I would definetely do it differently if it was a customer's show. But I still have alot to learn before I take on paying customers and this forum is a great place for learning & inspriration..
Zelda

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback