Mosaic

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Mosaic

Postby mfalco » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:38 am

I condensed this show to 4.5 minutes. Collection of people, landscapes, flowers and more. I hope you like it.

http://www.photodex.com/share/mfalco/mxwk8mg4

Re: Mosaic

Postby SherryJB » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Some lovely photography here! I'm amazded at the quality of shots you got of people just casually about town. I particularly liked the shot of the young girl with the black and white hat and the nose piercings. I also liked your nature shots.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Sherry B.

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:43 am

Sherry.
Thanks for taking a look at this show and your comment. I don't want to get to serious about it but I have had others tell me how could I invade on other people lives by taking pictures of them without their permission. I don't try to explain it to them. Thanks again for taking a look.

Marty

Postby bjquilts63 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:37 am

I love your show. I am a people watcher and many times as I have sat on a bench, wished I had the nerve to take their pictures. Have you ever had anyone complain or are they too busy with their lives to even notice you?
Barbara

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:19 am

Barbara,

No, I've never had anyone complain, however I have had some signal me not to take their photo. I'm not an expert by any means but here is how I approach it...

I always position myself in plain view of everyone. This way they are not surpised. I use a 400mm lense so not to intrude on their space. I try to always show confidence in what I am doing. I have noticed that if you appear nervious people tend to feel uncomfortable.

Now this is just my opinion. I find that the two most challenging syles of photography are wildlife and candids (excluding photo journalism). The reason is your subject is always on the move. It takes planning and quick responses to get a good shot. I believe that in all of my attempts I have only captured a handful of what I consider good shots. My camera is 6 years old and only has a burst rate of 3 fps. Very slow considering todays cameras. This means it's even more challenging.

I hope you try it someday. I know that you will find it fun and rewarding at the same time. Good luck and happy photo hunting.

Marty

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback