50th Anniversary-removed

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
lillady718

50th Anniversary-removed

Postby lillady718 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:46 am

(whoa I guess the moderator must have moved this for me? thx)

This is a 50th Anniversary slideshow I'm making with several OLD poor quality photos-- of course they get better as the years go on. It's about 5 minutes so far-- hoping for it to be about 20 minutes in the end as it will play in the background during the party.....
(thanks you two for giving me feedback-- I've been reworking some things-- and will post again for more comments later)

BUT my question for now is-- before I go too much further-- how is this looking? My concern is the second moving slideshow section-- sometimes it seems choppy or blurry ? Anyone have some tips or suggestions before I continue on? THANKS! ! Moderator if you need this moved to the appropriate board I totally understand. I just couldn't get in there..

P.S. Gavin's tutorials on youtube are PRICELESS! !
Last edited by lillady718 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Newbie here--

Postby TinaJ » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm

You need to email the moderator directly so that you can post in the show forum.
I didn't think it looked choppy, but for me, with the music you've chosen, I'd go with less styles and more slides with a photo that sits still, or at most zooms in a tiny bit, then fades to the next pic. The styles just seemed to not go with the music, which I though was great. One song did seem to stop in the middle of a slide instead of at the end of it, so the next song started in the middle of same slide, which seems off to me. I think you have a good start on it, seems you've gone chronologically, telling the story.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

lillady718

Re: Newbie here--

Postby lillady718 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks Tina. I did get the approval now and am going to move this in the right place for more great suggestions.

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby mulawa1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:12 pm

I found this an enjoyable show to watch - I liked the simplicity and consistency of the styles that you used. The black background worked very well too - nothing distracted from the pictures. The timing was just right for me.

I found the abrupt song changes disconcerting - I liked it much better when we got to "Remember when" and this just kept playing - I'd really consider using whole songs especially since you're aiming for a 20 minutes show.

I'd think carefully about the abrupt style change that you seem to be planning - the film strip at the end of the sample you posted.

Hope this helps ... Peter

P.S. I'm a Gavin Fan too! :)

Re: 50th Anniversary-removed

Postby juicedownload » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:13 pm

where did it go?

Site Admin

Re: 50th Anniversary-removed

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:16 pm

It's a little unclear, but I think she removed the link to work on implementing some of the suggestions provided. My guess is she'll provide a link to the updated show. Can only guess, though. :?:

Mike

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback