Cwm Idwal

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Cwm Idwal

Postby shaw » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:36 am

This is my third show. I have taken note of comments I received re my other shows. I welcome any comments on this show. I have framed some of the landscapes, using moving backgrounds.What do you think?
The show lasts just over 5 minutes.
The link is:
http://www.photodex.com/share/shaw/bcmm8mg4

Re: Cwm Idwal

Postby ginger » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:43 am

Hi,

Beautiful show and very nice photography. The music and photos were so relaxing.

I thought the frames were very nice, and while I like the idea of the moving background, I thought they moved a little too fast. (I probably prefer a very slight rotation with a fairly heavy blur.) The moving sky background I thought took attention away from the photos. Maybe if you slowed the movement down and blurred it, it wouldn't detract attention from the gorgeous photos.

Nice work!

ginger

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:12 am

What a beautiful place to visit and spend the day. Your photography is outstanding.

In the beginning, where the pictures were on top of each other, and then spread out, I would have liked that better if the photos didn't spread out so much and go partially off the screen. I did not care for the moving backgrounds. The first one was very blurry, which I found distracting, and I thought it moved too fast. When that segment finished, I felt like I had to readjust my eyes to continue watching. The next moving background moved fast too. When the show got to the next moving background, which was the same as the first one, I stopped watching.

I would have liked to have heard the music, but the show is competing with Sponge Bob at the moment. Maybe I'll try to watch it again later.

When your photography is outstanding, you don't need very many fancy tricks to keep the casual viewer interested. At least not this casual viewer.

Thanks for posting!
Kathy

Postby DANO » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 am

Hi Shaw,

I liked your show, the photography is very good. I like the frames and blured backgrounds. I don't care for the movement in the backgrounds, because it pulls the viewer's attention away from your photos which are the reason for the show. Your photography speaks for itself, some slow panning or zoom in the slides would work great, but in the background not so good. Good job, I look forward to seeing more of your shows.

Dan

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback