Rhino Mania

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Rhino Mania

Postby shaw » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:22 am

This is my first show using Gold. The Rhinos were scattered around the City of Chester. I would welcome any helpful comments. The time of the show is approximately 5 minutes. The link is -
http://www.photodex.com/share/shaw/ba6g8mg4
Regards, Mike

Re: Rhino Mania

Postby Mokummer » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Mike.

That’s a very good effort for your first slide show with a nice music score however no credit to the artist. (The End, isn’t necessary)

Nice photography but some shots where a bit messy and have distracting backgrounds due to the overall street scenes. This is something we all struggle with. Suggestion: try to soften the background in those situations using a paint program. Night photography is another option.

The use of the transitions was well proportioned and not overdone.

I particularly liked the close-up shots and use of garden settings. In the church setting you could have used the effects zoom to bring the subject closer.

Overall a very enjoyable slide show! :D

Greetings.

Bill

Postby trulytango » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Mike

Really enjoyed the show! Seeing the Rhinos in everyday settings, and so colourful, is a visual treat. I remember the wonderfully witty fiberglass models of the International Cow Parade a few years ago... they popped up in the most unusual places and really lifted the spirits of passers-by :lol:

For me, the music was a little subdued, but it still fit nicely... but I would have liked to have seen the addition of a few more variations in angles/view points, with shots possibly taken from much closer to the ground... or maybe with some human interaction? Just a thought.

Thanks for posting :D

Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby tomdavis » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Now I really enjoyed this show. Something differaet and pleasing. The music was perfect and the photography great. I can see you are going to have fun ahead of you in making new shows and posting. Keep that camera working. You did very well for your first show my friend. Had to laugh to myself as some of the color and design make up. Wonder if you put this hurd amonst the wild ones if they would be taken a liken to or the wild ones would flee for their hides. (ha) I liked the just enough time with each slide to look at the painted design and get a picture into your mind. I do agree you do not need "The End," of your shows.

Tom

Postby tdew » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Whether or not "The End" should be used is really a matter of personal preference. Many times I think you need some words to finish off a show. "The end" is a fun thing for me to see and sometimes to use.

Postby TC Time » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Mike,
Congratulations on completing your first show; what a fun show!
You had me wondering if this was a real event or mastery of a photoshop guru. :roll:
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the art and the styles you chose to highlight it. Amazing how creative people can be with the same object!
TC
TCTime

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback