Little House On The Prairie - 2:40 min

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Little House On The Prairie - 2:40 min

Postby lindonalta » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:28 am

Driving to the lake on a route I've drive hundreds of times, with my Canon PowerShot within reach, and the canola fields in full bloom, I finally decided to stop and take the time to shot photos of old buildings along the way that I have admired for years. Simple little show.

Revised: http://www.photodex.com/share/lindonalta/pggw8mg4
Last edited by lindonalta on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Little House On The Prairie - 2:40 min

Postby stickgirl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:14 am

Nice show that contains good photographs with not many fancy tricks. I didn't really like the one picture that came in from the right side. I thought it was out of place. Excellent choice of music.

I have the same type setting near my home that is a working farm that I've been wanting to photograph for a couple of years. There are no trespassing signs and I'm always hoping to catch someone farming, but I haven't been able to so far.

Thanks for posting.

Kathy

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Kathy, thanks for commenting. I agree that pic coming from side looked out of place and I have changed. The show has basically no tricks, and for that I anticipated comments on "boring, boring". Since no other comments, perhaps others did find boring and choice not to comment. I really did try different Gold Styles, etc to make the show more complex but in the end I thought "the tricks" just took away from the essence of the photos.
Comments - good or bad - are always welcomed by me.
Linda

Postby trulytango » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi there

Simple and short - yes... but a super show nonetheless. I found the images very interesting and you presented them very well.

Regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby mulawa1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Boring? Certainly not! I really enjoyed the simplicity and consistency of the final presentation - thank you for sharing.

Peter

Postby tdew » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:35 am

I enjoyed the show too. I didn't realize that canola was grown on this side of the Atlantic.
It looks like you got to some of the buildings just in time, and now there's a chance they'll be remembered.
I'm all for simple. I often think that the images get overwhelmed with some of the fancy work.
Thanks.

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:13 am

Thanks everyone for your comments and reassuring me that a simple show focusing on just the images can be enjoyed.
Linda

Postby TC Time » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Linda ~
I also enjoyed the simplicity of your show for this venue. Your photos brought the old buildings to life!
Thanks for sharing!
TC
TCTime

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 am

Linda, I'm so glad I spotted this show! I love old, dilapidated buildings that wear their stories on their faces like old folks do. Watching the show, I imagined it as the working farm it once was, seeing people laboring in the field, smelling the food cooking in the kitchen, watching a child run about with a dog close behind.

One question: Couldn't you get inside the buildings? I imagine there were beautiful shots inside, too.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby tomdavis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Very nicely done! Really do not need all the bells and whistles in order to get a nice simple slide show. (note: it does help sometimes.)

Tom

Postby HunnyB » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:09 am

trulytango wrote:Hi there

Simple and short - yes... but a super show nonetheless. I found the images very interesting and you presented them very well.

Regards
Iris

I totally agree. Liked the music toooooo. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Barbara - I did peek in a couple of the buildings and nothing of interest to photograph inside. After wading through the canola fields after a good rain, to get some of the shots, I was totally soaked almost to my waist and I had to do a quick strip on the side of the highway - that ended my enthusiasm for more adventure!!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:12 am

Around here if someone were to go wandering through fields such as those, the very same strip would have to be done along with a body scan because of deer ticks and the potential for Lyme Disease. Those ticks love tall grasses. I guess you don't have that problem where you live, which, believe me, is a very good thing!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby SherryJB » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 am

Hi Linda -

What a lovely show! I've never been in Alberta and didn't know what to expect visually. Great pictures, music, and the show and speed was perfect for the images. Great to preserve this on film for future generations. The local historical society would probably love a copy of your show!

Sherry B.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback