Manu the Dog (2:27) - my 1st @ Photodex

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Manu the Dog (2:27) - my 1st @ Photodex

Postby mulawa1 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 pm

[update]
I've removed the links to this show - it was only a little experiment and has now been well and truly overtaken by my later work.

Thanks to everyone who watched and took the trouble to comment.
[/update]

Although I've had PSG since 2006 (I bought it to combine all my old colour slides onto DVD), I've only just started to do anything with it so I still regard myself very much as a newbie.

I still have v3.5 but I've been looking at the v4.1 trial. This video is an attempt to produce some of the new slide styles without the benefit of v4.1 - I must admit I've learnt a lot from the exercise.

I'd also like to say that I was very impressed by the Photodex upload facility - the YouTube upload was about 80M whereas Photodex claimed they were uploading 3.6M and yet the original image files total over 14M plus over 1M for the soundtrack. And the quality is as good as the original! Very impressive!

Incidently the music is an original composition played by my neice when she was only 19.

Peter
Last edited by mulawa1 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Manu the Dog (2:27) - my 1st @ Photodex

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:21 pm

I liked it - sort of a different show, but I liked it. The puzzle pieces and "out of bounds" were well done too. Normally, I don't go for that much motion, but I thought it worked well in this case. Your niece was great on the piano too !

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby mulawa1 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Thanks mikey - your comment about "too much motion" is well taken.

Peter

P.S. Very taken with the rose photo on your web site and some of your bird photography is breathtaking.

Postby Bart_B » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:40 am

Hi Peter,

I watched this show a couple days ago. I don't remember what happened but I got sidetracked before I could comment. Good start for a first show. It's clear from watching that as you put the show together you were looking for ways to give it life with creativity. Everybody wants to use all sorts of motion and cool effects as they start out due to the "Wow, look at this honey!" effect and just because you can and it's so cool and much fun!! And sometimes the nature of the show should be, WOW and stuff happening all over the place, other times and shows......not! This show was a little to much of the "Wow, look at this honey!" Good starting point in your new adventure which you will discover to be an addiction over the next few months :lol: :lol:

Here are two shows from one of the masters, Debbie (Debngar), on the forum. She is one person who I absolutely watch every show she does, read every comment she makes and hope for a critique on my shows from. She is one of the best, is to be taken seriously and you can learn much from her. This is two shows she just posted and an absolute 180 degree contrast in subject matter and corresponding presentation styles. Much to learn here!!

http://www.photodex.com/share/debngar/pbcw8mg4

ttp://www.photodex.com/share/debngar/d2pw8mg4

Thanks for sharing your work, do more!

Bart

Postby mulawa1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Thanks Bart - your comments are much appreciated.

I tried to look at Debbie's work - as usual Photodex Presenter failed me but then I noticed you could "Watch on YouTube" - this I did - or rather tried to do - you made me work for it by leaving off the leading "h" in the second link. But both YouTube links led to the same show "Doxie Meetup 3-20-2010 Lincoln, CA". Anyway ... I've subscribed to Debbie's channel and will have a look at all her work.

Peter

Postby Bart_B » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Hmmmmm.......There does seem to be a missing H! Sorry about that, dang computers! I don't think she posted either of these two shows to You Tube, could be wrong though. Wish you weren't having the Presenter problem.

Bart

Postby mulawa1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 pm

I think this is a very good example of what so many of you are talking about - I especially admired the originality and the consistency of style throughtout the presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNJ8SkeFJsU

Peter

Postby debngar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Bart_B wrote:Hmmmmm.......There does seem to be a missing H! Sorry about that, dang computers! I don't think she posted either of these two shows to You Tube, could be wrong though. Wish you weren't having the Presenter problem.

Bart

Bart, Bart, Bart, - now I'm going to have to get a bigger shirt - buttons popping off indeed as you said once! You are too kind and I feel a little embarrassed from all this hype! LOL :oops: I have one style, other people have different styles and abilities and even the most simple of shows can be well done if there's a good story in it somewhere! There are plenty of other people here that can show and tell a better story than I can. In fact I would say that's more important than any fancy effect because to me, it's more about the images, what they say than what we do with them to spin them around and zip them all over the place! :D

You're right about the last two shows I just posted in that they are not on YouTube. The cat show is a personal show and I don't want to imply commercial use due to the music license on that one. So I'm leaving it off YouTube for now since I promote my photography on YouTube. The other show, I don't know if the girl's parents would like it if she was on YouTube or not so I'm trying to respect that. The Photodex site is a bit more private since you can't find the show links via Google, etc.

Hello Peter,

The use of the cut out at the end with the dog picture was quite unusual. That was an interesting and creative effect!

I too have been having trouble with viewing Presenter versions of people's slide shows. What's happening is the shows are not fully loading and if the player scrubber arrow catches up with the blue line before the line reaches the far right, the show will hang and so will the browser. Seems like it's been happening more so in the last week than before. I have no clue why that is the case though. If you wait for the Photodex site shows to fully load (blue line reaches completely to the right side) then hit play, you may find it working better. I found there's quite a bit of jerky playback using fullscreen mode but it's much better, fluid playback using the smaller view.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby mulawa1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Debbie,

So I guess I haven't seen the two presentations Bart suggested :(

My Presenter does what others have described elsewhere - the buffering percentage starts going backwards, my CPU usage hits 100% - I can X the window which will eventually closes and about 30secs later my PC is back to normal. The same thing happens on my wife's computer. I don't know if it means anything but it has never happened with "Manu the Dog"!

BTW "Manu" is on YouTube as a private listing so only those who have the link can see it so its just like posting it at Photodex and posting a link here.

Peter

PS Enjoyed all your work at YouTube and am trying to learn from it - again I admire your consistency of style throughout your presentations.

Postby debngar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks Peter.

I didn't know YouTube had a privacy setting where it only took the link to get to see it. Seems like it used to be the user had to proactively place certain people on the viewer list to be able to watch it.

Has something changed recently, maybe in the last year or so? Seems like we were limited to about 25 people on a "private show" list who could see it and that's all. If it's different now as you describe, similar to the Photodex site, then that means we can post a show to YouTube with some semi-privacy and not have the entire world seeing it, very nice.

Did I get that right?
Debbie

Postby mulawa1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Yes - there is now a third choice as I understand it - although please note - I'm VERY NEW to YouTube.

Peter

Postby debngar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks, I'll have to check that out! :D
Debbie

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback