Rockin' Robins Youth Soccer team

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Rockin' Robins Youth Soccer team

Postby Loren Sutherland » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 am

Posting a slide show that I created last year. I coached my two daughters soccer team so I had several parents take photos with my camera, then I compiled them and made this show. I like to let the music help tell the story. At the beginning I try my best to make a bunch of seven year old girls seem intimidating. later in the show I let their "soft" side show. Then I even show some soccer playing. The show is about 13 minutes. No objectionable photos unless you get easily intimidated by seven year old girl soccer players! :D

http://www.photodex.com/share/hilonesome/p6wx6mg4

Loren Sutherland

Re: Rockin' Robins Youth Soccer team

Postby Mokummer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Loren.

Just a few recommendations.

It’s better to make your slide shows that are intended for viewing by others than family and friends a bit shorter than12 minutes. 5 minutes is much better time.

I made the same mistake with my first show!

Another thing is that there are far to many transitions and zoom effects, it’s better to cut back on this. Use the zoom effects with the action shots where a ball is coming towards you.

There are also a lot of shots that will show better after some cropping.

There are plenty of good action shots and you used a nice sound track for your show.

I enjoyed your show even while it’s a bit long. :D

Have a good look at other shows and learn from that.

Greetings.

Mokummer

Postby dfrye70 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 pm

I liked the show and I have to disagree about only using the zoom sparingly. I like a lot of movement in my shows even though every time I post, I get clobbered by the folks on the forum for too much movement. To each his own, I know that the kids and families that are the intended audience seem to love the shows.

I think there is a place for movement, particularly if you are able to keep time with the song. That being said, I would mix it up a little. Maybe some left to right or right to left pans instead of the a zoom. Perhaps if you zoom in on one photo then a simple fade into the next photo which would already be zoomed and you could reverse by zooming out.

Great job and thanks for sharing

thewhitefly

Postby thewhitefly » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 am

Hi Loren,

I enjoyed the show. I bet the kids love watching this and picking everyone out.

I only have one suggestion.

I noticed a bit of the black background above and below the photos on a couple of frames. If you don't want to start the photo filling the frame you might like to try using a background layer, maybe a close up of the grass on the football pitch or a close up of one of the girls jumpers, zoomed in so that the screen is filled.

Any photo placed over this layer has much more freedom of movement and hides the black background, unless that is what you want.

Anyway, enjoyed the show and the music.

Thanks for posting it.

Best wishes from Oz,

Stephen.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback