Because We Forget: A Photo Essay On The Cost Of Freedom

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Because We Forget: A Photo Essay On The Cost Of Freedom

Postby Loren Sutherland » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:26 am

Hello everyone. New toProShow Enthusiasts and am posting my first show to share and for critiques. I made this show a few years ago using an older version of ProShow Gold. It is still one of my favorite shows I have made and is a real change of direction for me, since I do mostly sports shows. Please feel free to comment. The show is 7:59 long.

The photos I used for the show are of course not my own but photos from historical sites readily available on the web. Being a show about the costs of war, this show does have some photos that might be disturbing to some.

Thank you,

Loren Sutherland

http://www.photodex.com/share/hilonesome/62ba2mg4

Re: Because We Forget: A Photo Essay On The Cost Of Freedom

Postby debngar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello Loren,

First off, welcome to the group.

Secondly, that was a very moving show - music, script, images - nicely done - no extra fancy stuff needed.

Thanks for sharing your show!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Mokummer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello Loren.

Thank you for showing.

This is a well compiled show; nothing fancy and with the right music.

The Costs of Freedom are still here and never ending.
The one’s that came home still carry the scars of freedom and future
generations will probably too!

Must have a look at your sports shows.

Welcome to the group.

Greetings.

Mokummer.

Postby Loren Sutherland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 am

Thank you Debbie for the very kind words. I have let my slide show creating kind of slip because I had no place that I enjoyed sharing them. Now it seems I may have found someplace to do so and then also to be able to learn from others with the same interest level is an extra bonus. I am glad to be part of the community, hopefully it will get me going again.

Thank you also Mokhummer. I so agree with your comments. Being a Vietnam vet that never suffered any physical harm, I lost a few good friends and that feeling is something you never forget. I also saw some that went home early for reasons you just don't want to remember. Emotional scars or physical scars, they may subside over time, but they never go away. Thank you sir for those comments. I hope to have the time this week to post one of my sports shows. Deciding which one--well thats the tough one.

Loren

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback