Parents Wish

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Parents Wish

Postby lindonalta » Mon May 03, 2010 11:20 am

A while back there was an absolutely amazing video done called "Parents Wish" but the show was removed due to copyrights of pictures (since then various versions have been on utube) but nothing comes remotely close to the original version. I saved the words that were in the show to remind me when I got "frustrated" with my aging parents. I just had a conversation with my sister in law who sounded "frustrated" in being the caregiver for an elderly relative. That conversation reminded of the "Words" I kept and I decided on this rainy day (can't dig in the dirt) to make my simple show.

I take no credit for the "words" nor the "photographs". All photos are from stock.xhcng and credits are given at end of show for those who required it.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7666&alb=0 (still available)

Revised show instrumental music
: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3189648

PS I think the "words" in this show would make an interesting challenge for Producer and other Gold users and photographers to capture the perfect pictures to go with the words. I searched the site but couldnt find anything.
Last edited by lindonalta on Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Parents Wish

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Lindonalta,

I think you did a nice job on this video. And tho the pictures were appropriate and fitting, it is the words that really hit home. Thank you for sharing your video.

Kelly

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Mon May 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Kelly thanks for looking. I certainly agree that its the words that "hit home". I can remember sobbing tears the first time I saw the words.

I forgot to mention in the original post that the words are available at www. parentswish.com (I altered words to make gender neutral)

Linda

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Linda,

What a tear jerker and so appropriate! Beautifully done.

Thanks for sharing,

Rosemary

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 04, 2010 7:25 am

Linda, I knew what was coming, but I couldn't stop myself, and I watched anyway. Those of us who've been caregivers can't possibly watch this without crying. No way. It brought back the years of caring for my mother and that one last time when she was still aware enough to know that it was I who was feeding her a bowl of her favorite strawberry ice cream that I'd made just for her. Her smile was like a blessing.

Old people are so very special.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Tue May 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Rosemary: My pleasure to share the words of someone unknown.

Barbara: Yes, old people are special AND we must not forget that we will all be old (older) someday with perhaps one of our loved ones helping us out. I must admit I lost patience with my mother occasionally - the words "repeat things over and over again" - in particular stabbed me.

I just wonder how many people did not see the original video version that was flying around the internet and crashing sites because it was so popular. That verious was a gem - same words but the photos were awesome.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed May 05, 2010 3:18 am

Probably there isn't a single one of us who has stayed by someone's side and who hasn't lose patience, but that old person always recognizes the care for what it is: love.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Wed May 05, 2010 4:58 am

Linda,

That was very sweet and quite timely for me. We're coming up on the anniversary of my mom's passing, which was late in May a couple of years ago. The opening thumbnail image of that couple reminds me of one I have of my parents and it's one of my favorites.

The words to that script are so true. Watching your show made me tear up a bit, remembering my Mom's last 6 months or so of her life.

Thanks for sharing this little gem!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Wed May 05, 2010 5:26 am

What an awesome show, you've made !
Although I lost both my parents before they reached this stage, I still had tears in my eyes when I watched your show.
You made a wonderful show.

Now, with the risk of sounding off key a bit, I would like to mention something about the makings of such a show.
You had a lot of text on screen, for most of the duration of the show. You had powerful pictures that went together with this text. And, you also had a vocal song, with equally powerful lyrics and orchestration.
All these elements were competing against each other, for the viewer's attention.
I did not know what to do first: listen to the words? read the text? watch the pictures?
I think that if you wish to concentrate on the message of the written text, as you mentioned, then you absolutely must have an instrumental music track. Or, alternatively, you concentrate on the music track, and give the text of it.
The mixing of the two, as you did in your show, did not work well for me.

Postby ChrissyC » Wed May 05, 2010 7:16 pm

please hand me a tissue, I cried as I watched then sent it to my sister and my daughter to watch, because my sister and I still have our parents in their late 70's.. this time is coming for us, and to my daughter because she's going to have to deal with me one day!
Something bothered me while watching, and after reading Mona's post, I now see what it was bothering me, I was trying to listen, read and look at the same time! since the music is the only thing you can change, I'd go with no words....
I truly loved the message...
take care,
Chrissy

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Thu May 06, 2010 2:03 am

In February last year I saved a show created by a respected member of this Forum with family pictures but the same (almost) words and music.
It was, in my opinion, equal to if not more pertinent than this post.
The show has been removed from the members site. So I respect his wishes and will not reveal his name, but to me it was really worth viewing.
If you read this Forum memberx, please reconsider posting, or for anonimity's sake, ignore it.

Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Thu May 06, 2010 10:36 am

Chrissy: When I first read your post, I thought you meant "no words" added to the show and I thought no way, the words are the whole meaning. I re-read and now understand that you meant use an instrumental music piece.

Chrissy & Mona - I totally agree with both of you about trying to read the words, listen to music (with words) and watch pictures all at the same time. I had this exact discussion with my sister - I did change to an instrumental (wrong choice) - sister hated it - sister wanted song back in so I obliged and lowered the volume of the song which I guess anyone who is distracted (including myself) could lower volume even more. But.. what I think I will do is cut a DVD for sister with the music as currently in and then for me go on the search again for an appropriate instrumental piece.

Mike - When I searched this site for Parents Wish (or similar) prior to posting, I couldnt find anything related so thats why I decided to dig up the "words" from my computer and put them to use. I thought this was unusual cause I know how popular the "words" originally were. I guess I was right - even though the show has been removed.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.

New link to amended show with instrumental music posted above

Linda

Postby Rizze » Fri May 21, 2010 1:41 pm

PS I think the "words" in this show would make an interesting challenge for Producer and other Gold users and photographers to capture the perfect pictures to go with the words. I searched the site but couldnt find anything

I made a Dutch version. I took the photos in the home where my sister lived and deceased a few weeks ago.
Click here

Thank you for the inspiration

Rizze

Postby gpsmikey » Fri May 21, 2010 1:58 pm

From my viewpoint, the second version (musical) is perfect. Don't change a thing. :cry:
I lost my mom to Alzheimer's 6 years ago - there is a truly nasty disease.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 21, 2010 2:09 pm

gpsmikey wrote:there is a truly nasty disease.

I agree. I lost my dad to it.

Barbara

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback