Tha Arrochar Alps

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Tha Arrochar Alps

Postby aangus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi there,
sorry for not checking in lately, but heres a show I put together a wee while ago.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7188&alb=0

I had done one similar before and received lots of good feedback and advice from here, so heres the re-vamped version.
I've changed the music, added new pics and took many out too. This version has much less transition effects effects, less titles and very little zooming/panning.
I put it up at the local camera club a couple of months ago and it went down quite well, but I wanted to see what the real experts here thought....?
Again its views taken while hillwalking above Arrochar in Argyll, Scotland, sort of loosely grouped into the seasons.
Its just over 6 min long. (not sure of the file size...sorry)
Any feedback or comments would be gratefully received
Cheers
Anthony

Re: Tha Arrochar Alps

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 am

Anthony, what wonderful photos of a magnificent landscape! I've never seen anything like that except in pictures. It must have taken your breath away.

You handled each photo with the respect it deserved, not pulling any tricks to distract from the images. That's absolutely the way to do it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 04, 2010 9:18 am

Excellent ! Very impressive country (and cold !). The only change I would suggest for viewing by an international audience would be on the opening slide, have two lines of text - something like "Arrochar Alps/ Western Scotland" or something like that (to many of us, "alps = Switzerland" :lol: ). My wife and I were over there 25 years ago and took Brit-Rail up the east side and around back down the west side of Scotland. Beautiful country - even if they do have more sheep than trees! I thought everything blended very well together and the music was perfect for the show. For anyone interested, Wikipedia has some interesting information on the area too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrochar_Alps

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 am

Funny, but I always think Alps = Italy, but this may because I have an Italian friend. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby trulytango » Sun May 16, 2010 1:28 am

Wonderful show, Anthony :D

Perfect marriage of awesome scenery, subtle presentation and brilliant soundtrack!

Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Esteemed Member

Postby northward » Sun May 16, 2010 3:55 am

Just great! Lots of magnificent vistas and the one at 4:40 is unbelievable! Must have taken many a mile and season to distill this superb blend! This type of undertaking is known in Sweden as "fjällvandring" = mountain hiking. Hill walking seems like an understatement given the terrain and weather conditions.
The lightning effect ist ok, but the flash looked a bit artificial. The lens-flare effect at 5:00 is a little out of place too. I agree with Mikey on the titling. Maybe you should even include a map or a satellite shot. Good idea to list the featured peaks, those with a keen interest can look up a lot of info this way.
Great job!
Wolf
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Postby cherub » Sun May 16, 2010 4:16 am

What magnificent scenery, beautiful photography, and a wonderful show :D
Ah, I almost forgot - brilliant choice of music :D

I noticed how much thought you gave to every single transition, and how wonderfully each one blended into the next picture. I liked that you chose to fade either from the top or from the bottom. Very pleasant to the eye.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback