Selected Views (app. 3 min.)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Selected Views (app. 3 min.)

Postby ShawnR » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:32 am

This is my first attempt putting together a slide show, and must say PSG has made it very enjoyable. Working for the City of High Point I'm frequently in one of the city's parks both prior and after normal hours of operation. As such, I'm able to see views that the public does not have access to, and thought it would be great to be able to share these scenes. Being a photo hobbyist I'm usually carrying a camera, and started capturing landscape and some wildlife images during these off hours.

In addition to sharing this short show with you, I'm looking for some strong and constructive feedback. I confess that I'm not one to delve into reading tutorials, but just jumped into PSG and fumbled around so all comments are welcome. Sometime in the near future I hope to have a final version.

In advance I say thanks to those that take the time to critique.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6911&alb=0

Shawn

Re: Selected Views (app. 3 min.)

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 am

Very well done - good choice of music, didn't over-use the different transitions (many beginners take it as a personal challenge to use all transitions in a show resulting in a motion sick audience ! ). Good timing on the slides and you didn't do my favorite of not having the horizon level. I do believe I have seen that heron or it's relative before though (this was taken on Lake Washington in 2009) :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby texan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 am

Hi Shawn:

Very nice job........loved the music......

Suggestions:

Use all landscape format.....
and use Fill frame with all photos.......
Some seemed like 16x9; some seemed almost letter box, and the portrait images "seemed skinny"

One other thing you might consider in future shows is a little Text occassionally, to tell the viewers what some of the key "sites" are.........(i.e. the damn at the xyz river......etc etc.....)

These are all my humble opinions......

I really liked your show
Texan

Postby Ron » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi Shawn
I have to agree with texan, you have chosen a good soundtrack to accompany some wonderful photographs.
The most noticed issues he mentioned, were the frames not filled and the portrait images looking lonely & bear against that wide black screen.
Just my Humble Opinion
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Thanks

Postby ShawnR » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 am

Thanks for the comments. After viewing the show having read your comments I can definitly see what you mean. When I first played the show from a DVD, the skinny portrait orientation didn't register - mainly because I had taken the photo and knew how the photo was to look.

Capturing the images I wasn't thinking of slide show application - it was more "match the viewfinder closely to the final print", and later cropping was also anticipating a print size. So your suggested comments of all landscape orientation are much appreciated.

I tried reaching 'scaling' in the 'edit tool' function of Background so I cold apply a fill or fit function, but was unable to enter the box. Is there another way to access?

Again, Thank you for the feedback.

Postby Bart_B » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:31 am

Shawn

Go to Layers, then layer settings.

Good first show. Some great photos and you have a good feel for putting together a show. Also in addition to filling the frame you can change the background color from black to almost anything. Also in layers, then editing you can easily vignette a photo to blend it into the background or very easily put edges around photos and create a very gorgeous finished look if you don't for whatever reason care to "fill the frame."

Keep posting your work, I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks.

Bart

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:51 am

I don't care about any kind of flaws--those are downright gorgeous photographs! No matter how beautiful the scenery might be, if you can't handle a camera the way you can obviously handle it, a show about vistas is going to bore the pants off people. Your show is NOT boring. Learn a few more ins and outs of the software, and you'll end up putting most of us to shame.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 pm

I think I viewed this when you first posted but for some reason I must have gotten side-tracked and never commented. Your images in this show are delightful and the music was a good choice to accompany your display. Nice work. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ShawnR » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:10 pm

BarbaraC wrote:I don't care about any kind of flaws--those are downright gorgeous photographs! No matter how beautiful the scenery might be, if you can't handle a camera the way you can obviously handle it, a show about vistas is going to bore the pants off people. Your show is NOT boring. Learn a few more ins and outs of the software, and you'll end up putting most of us to shame.

Barbara

Thank you for your kind and generous comments. You're most encouraging, and have me already playing with a new theme. Agian, your comments and time to view the show are appreciated.

Postby ShawnR » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

debngar wrote: ...Your images in this show are delightful and the music was a good choice to accompany your display. Nice work. :)

After viewing your website I'll take your comments as a mega-compliment.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback