Graffiti

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Graffiti

Postby Mokummer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:58 pm

We are almost daily confronted with the ugly site of graffiti, scribbles on walls, trains and railway corridors.

This is a 4 minutes slide show showing graffiti at designated areas.
Appreciation of graffiti is a personal thing like most art is; you are the judge.

No offensive material included.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3171575

Your comments are appreciated!

Bill

Re: Graffiti

Postby tomdavis » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Very nicely done Bill. What an original idea. Next you or someone else can go to a railroad yard or train crossing and film the box cars as they go by. Since they cross so many areas you will be able to sees various types of this spray can art. Keep posting.

Tom

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Very enjoyable! I've always got my eye out for both official and unofficial graffiti, some of it really deserving to be called wall art. I've a friend in Italy who sent me photographs of the most interesting stuff I've ever seen. They were windows and doorways painted so realistically that it took moments to realize they were nothing but paint. One, for instance, was of a window with a flower box and red flowers growing in it. The window shade was pulled down, hiding view of a lighted room behind as if it were evening, and there were silhouettes of the people within.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Ron » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Bill
Thanks for sharing such interesting show. I too feel like Barbara that certain "Graffiti" is just great artwork. The realism that some of these artist create is just wonderful. I was lucky to see some in a Sidewalk Chalk Art Show as well. One artist created a pothole in the street, I actually walked around it, not to ruin the artwork, but because I actually thought it was a pothole. Art is Art in many forms, ya gotta just love it.
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby Mokummer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Thank you for your kind words Tom, Barbara and Ron.

I’ll keep looking out for more nice Graffiti. There are other places in Sydney I still have to look at.

Like Barbara and Ron mentioned there is some beautiful art around.
But then again; we all have different tastes.

You are right Ron: "Keep an Open Mind & Eye" :)

Bill

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Bill,
Beautifully done !! So smooth and interesting all the time. Great pictures, and I especilly loved that one with a silhouete. Great job!
Cristina
Cristina

Esteemed Member

Postby trailertrash » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:35 am

Amazing art work. I did enjoy that.

Andrew

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback