South Africa - Mala Mala

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

South Africa - Mala Mala

Postby des.tom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 am

Wild life enthusiasts might enjoy my first posting which has been extracted from a larger dvd presentation based on a holiday in South Africa in 2009. It's a very simple presentation which lasts about six and a half minutes and does not contain material that might be considered objectionable. Any tips/suggestions welcome.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3322&alb=0

Re: South Africa - Mala Mala

Postby Barkingmad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:35 am

Lovely! Thanks for sharing!
How long did you stay at Mala Mala ? and where all did you visit while on holiday here? ... wondering if you came down my end of the world - lol
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 pm

We had two nights - best part of three days there. As you probably know Mala Mala is a private game reserve and we really couldn't fault it - the food, service, luxurious African-style rondavels and, above all, the amazing game drives on which, as you'll see from the photographs, we didn't stick to the roads/tracks as we did in the Kruger. Highly recommended!
We started in Johannesburg and travelled via Mala Mala to Durban then flew to Port Elizabeth and followed the coast to Cape Town. Marvellous trip - if we win the Lottery we'll do it again!!

Des Thomas

Postby Barkingmad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Cool! .. and haha .. you were practically on my doorstep if you flew to PE :) Did you visit any of the game reserves in the Eastern Cape / Garden Route on your way to CT? I think the Garden Route, Plett specifically, is the best part of the country :) .... my favourite place :D
Hopefully when you win the lottery and come again you will give me a call :)
Glad you had a good time!
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Raymond Bradley

Postby Raymond Bradley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Very enjoyable show. I was in Africa in 2002 for nearly three weeks without seeing a leopard. For me this kind of show is improved with a little information on type of camera and ID of the animals. Raymond

Postby debngar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Wow, what an adventure! I can't believe how close you were allowed to get to the animals in an open vehicle. How do they keep them from making a meal out of you? I saw that shot of your jeep with needed tire repair and others where you were really close to the animals but didn't see anyone with guns raised just in case. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Love the shot at 4:15, the music choice and the opening title page. Can you tell us what font that was that was used on the words "South Africa"?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:56 pm

The ranger did have a somewhat ancient rifle but the animals seemed to take us as part of the background - we were however warned not to stand up in the jeep!! As I said in an earlier reply, it was a marvellous experience.

Sorry I can't tell you the name of the font. I scanned the original from the holiday brochure before making it transparent.

Des Thomas

Postby debngar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 pm

des.tom wrote:-snip-

Sorry I can't tell you the name of the font. I scanned the original from the holiday brochure before making it transparent.

Des Thomas

Ah well... no matter. That fiery colored sky behind that title was a wonderful choice for that effect. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:34 am

I spoke with the marketing department of the holiday firm this morning. They confirmed that it was a basic font with some effects added. Don't suppose you need any tips on this but I found this Photoshop tutorial on textured text effects very interesting/useful:

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/phot ... ture-text/

and I'm sure, with the right image, could be adapted to create a similar effect.

Des.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback