Kind of fun

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Kind of fun

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Since I have been taking pictures non stop...Santa brought me a new external hard drive and it came with a slideshow program. I installed it today and played with it, made a few mini shows to see what it would do. I put them together in Proshow. I think I used 5 different styles. The show is under 5 minutes and I don't think it's offensive, but then again, you know me....

Sorry, took the link down.

Sue
Last edited by iknowwhereitis123 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Kind of fun

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:32 am

Hey lady, I love your pictures! (Even the lizard.) Everyone looked as if they just loved having you take their picture, and who could blame them since you do such a good job with composition, lighting, and pose.

While watching, I was trying to figure out which effects were ProShow's and which came from that slideshow software you spoke about, but I got lost and gave up. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Hey back!

Thanks for the reply and hanks for the compliments on the photos. You know you are partially responsible for hooking me into photography!
I am getting there but have a long way to go.

The only part of Proshow I used was the transitions from one show to another. It was fun playing with some of the other stuff.

So where is everyone? This place is deader than a door nail. I may just take the show down. I love it when there are a bazillion views and one reply. :? It's lonely up here in Gold!

Sue

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Yes, it's empty here in the forum. Perhaps people are contemplating their sins of this nearly done year. Wish I had some really cool sins to contemplate. :(

What did I do or say to spur you onward into photography? Whatever it was, I'm glad of it.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Yeah, I have been pretty good this year too. I even had a day when I didn't cuss at anyone in the school parking lot! Hey, it took some effort...

Way back when, I had my little coolpix p&s and took some pictures of the sunrise behind Mt. Hood. You told me how to fake a tripod using a little bag with rice or beans. Since then I have been through 2 DSLR's and a real tripod and a ton of other books and equiptment! Santa brought me CS4 and I am in hogs heaven. I didn't know what you were getting me into! Now I am trying seniors, families and sports and having a blast so thank you!

I used to think in slideshows, (everything would make a great slideshow) now I think in pictures.

You think I obsess much??

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Ah, the beanbag! And did I tell you about the "string tripod" that gets screwed into the camera's tripod mount? You drop the string (which really should be a heavier cord) to the ground, step on it to create a bit of tension, and thus stabilize the camera. My tripod is a beast, and I refuse to lug it around all over the place with me. Sometimes I put it in the car trunk, which is all very nice, but I never take it out when I get to where I'm going.

Let's vow to be bad in the coming year so that on the eve of 2011 we can repent.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Just wanted to say that I liked alot of those effects. But sometimes the picture was too small to enjoy. Especially like the film twist. That was cool.

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:34 pm

LOL, Yes Barbara, you did tell me about the string. I never tried that one though. My husband would think I was finally off the deep end. I can see how it would work in a pinch though.

Being good would be boring, life's just too short. What would people have to talk about??

Patty, thanks for the reply. I really like the rolling film too. The rest is just ok. I am not sure if you can mix them, I didn't play with it that long. There's also a few options I didn't try yet. They are a lot faster, maybe be good for some sports slideshows. I went to the forum and troubleshooting to see what people were saying about the program. A LOT of crashing going on. I only had one crash and it was because I was not in 32 bit. It tells you after you make the show, go to save it and you get a warning saying to set your computer to 32 bit. You click OK. Next thing you know there's no program, no slideshow and you are SOL.

I think I'll stick to Gold but may use some of the options from the other one too.

Off to go play in the first freak snow storm of the year!
Sue

Postby Barkingmad » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 am

iknowwhereitis123 wrote:
So where is everyone? This place is deader than a door nail. I may just take the show down. I love it when there are a bazillion views and one reply. :? It's lonely up here in Gold!

Sue

Sadly, hundreds of views yet only a handful of comments seems to be the norm. Its not only in Gold, its just the same in the Producer section. I have often wondered why when people take the time to view a show, that they can't just take an extra few seconds and leave a comment. Such a little thing can mean so much to the poster ... but, ah well ... such is life and human nature I guess ....
Loved the show - the effects in your new program are cool, I especailly like the twisted filmstrip effect.
Thanks for sharing.
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:29 am

Barkingmad wrote:...I have often wondered why when people take the time to view a show, that they can't just take an extra few seconds and leave a comment. Such a little thing can mean so much to the poster ...

My guess is that we're seeing evidence of people new to the forum and those who are a bit shy about joining in. It's possible that seeing the way we all chat with one another may make it appear there's some sort of closed circle here that, in reality, doesn't exist, but I'll bet it looks that way. One last thing I suspect is that there are still huge numbers of people who don't know you have to receive permission to post in the sharing section. If some of the old-timers have missed this detail, we can only guess at how many newcomers and occasional visitors have missed it.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:17 am

BarbaraC wrote:-snip- I suspect is that there are still huge numbers of people who don't know you have to receive permission to post in the sharing section. If some of the old-timers have missed this detail, we can only guess at how many newcomers and occasional visitors have missed it.

Barbara

Barbara,

I think you are entirely correct on this. Though at holiday times forum posts do often slow down, there's a big discrepancy between the number of new shows being shared, the number of views and the number of comments.

While I can't always see every show as they don't all load for me for some reason, the sample show section seems to have been unfortunately affected by the past problematic troublesome trolls.

It seems we've had more new shows than ever in the last couple of months and it is a shame that more people aren't grasping the concept of the one time agreement to the rules to be nice in their posts.

Sue,

Even though many of the effects in the show weren't done with ProShow, some look like they could be done with the use of modifiers. I liked the floating cube action.

You've done some wonderful portrait work! Nice job.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 am

Barkingmad, thanks for the comments. So it's like this in Producer too? I just thought everyone upgraded and left Gold. It's great to see the new posters and get to see their slideshows. It's interesting seeing all of the different styles, I just wish some of the longtime posters would chime in instead of just watching. It would make this place rock again.

Barbara and Deb, I forgot about the "promise to play nice" email. It is a shame Mike had to do that. I haven't seen a lot of trolls up here. People have different opinions but that's great. I would rather have honest opinions than a canned response, it doesn't mean I have to agree with those opinions... LOL. If people are looking for "That show was pefect" I doubt they'll get it. You get that from family and you don't get better with responses like that.

I am not saying every show needs a critique, but gentle suggestions are always a plus in my book.

Anyway, You all have a great New Years and stay safe and sober behind the wheel.

Mwah!

Postby kellysgreens » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 pm

hi...i couldn't get this to load on my computer...others did though, so must be my machine.
K

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

why is the show gone? :cry:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback