(Revised) Fall Day With Emily - 2.0 min

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

(Revised) Fall Day With Emily - 2.0 min

Postby lindonalta » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Just a quick, simple show of my lovely granddaughter. With a subject like her I didnt think I needed much other than the pictures to tell the story. She sure brought a smile to my face on this day....

REVISED Dec 22 : http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3156375
Last edited by lindonalta on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

ctpritchett

Re: Fall Day With Emily - 1.5 min

Postby ctpritchett » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:02 pm

You did a great job on the photography. She is a beautiful little girl. The great thing about children that age is they don't mind being photographed. My only question about the show concerns the photos with portrait orientation. Some of these photos have a background layer and some are on just a black layer. I like the show, but just wonder if you had a thought process about the backgrounds. I am still yet to try it. Good job.

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:20 am

I gather you are questioning my use of inconsistant background in my show. My only "thought process" was at the beginning she was sitting on a hay bale up high and I had no suitable background pic. I added the background pics in the middle, just for a change from the usual black and to fill the frame for viewing on DVD. I didnt add background on the end slides because I wanted the focus solely on Emily in the tree. At the end of the day..... personal choice. Did this newbie break a standard ..... probably but I think a background layer (other than black ) to portrait pics are interesting.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:43 am

Hi,
your granddaughter is gorgeous ! The colour of her hair is adorable, and she looked amazing with the autumn colours around her. I would like to see a little bit more work and attention regarding the synchronization to the music. And also some Styles would enhance your show, in my opinion.
Other than that, you do already have a very beautiful show to cherish this precious child.
Merry Christmas to you and your family !
Cristina
Cristina

Postby Barkingmad » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Lovely! SHe is gorgeous! I think I would have liked to see one photo cropped and zoomed onto the face to really show off her stunning eyes.
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Christina - thanks for looking. I did change some slide and transition times.

Barkingmad - Thanks for the suggestion - did add another closeup slide of face to the show.

Postby HunnyB » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Your granddaughter is beautiful. :D
And I really hate to say this - but the show is - well, sorta boring.
Sorry, but I think you need to spruce it up a bit and add a little color,
a slide style here and there, something.......
Make it look like a little girl's show. Know what I mean?

I noticed that the date was 2007.
Are you wanting to change this show, or learn for future shows?
I really don't see the need to go back and change such an old show.
At least this is what I think. I never go back and waste time on older
shows. Just try and improve the future ones. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Valued Member

Re: (Revised) Fall Day With Emily - 1.5 min

Postby lindonalta » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:57 am

Well after HunnyB's comment that my show was "boring", I have made numerous changes to the show.
Not too sure I'm liking all the revisions.... maybe too much motion now when I really wanted the attention to be on Emily's face and expressions.

HunnyB: I'm a newbie trying to learn - the date of October 2007 is when the pictures where taken.

Advise appreciated.

Postby Mokummer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Lindonalta.

That’s a very nice slide show you made and an even better revision.

Just a few observations:

Vertical images are not the best ones for a horizontal based production.

Wit such a beautiful face a few close ups even partially filling would do wonders.
Tickle nose to the tree is a good shot to fill the whole scene including the next two
in a shorter transition time.

Shows like this are a treasure for later when the little ones have grown up.

Otherwise nice photography, Keep at it and see what others do.

Greetings.

Mokummer

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:08 am

First off, what a beautiful little girl your granddaughter is!

I didn't watch the first version because I wanted to come to the second version without being affected by the first. You chose your slide styles well, and your remark about there being perhaps too much motion is possibly correct, though only to a small amount, and I wouldn't worry about it. The next time around, just make sure to intersperse a few more motionless slides at key moments. If it's a truly gorgeous shot, let it sit while people enjoy it.

You may be a newbie, but after watching your show, I've a feeling your newbie status won't last more than a few minutes. :D

Barbara

P.S. Do you have a name other than "lindonalta"?
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Re: (Revised) Fall Day With Emily - 2.0 min

Postby lindonalta » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:18 am

Mokummer: Yes I agree that vertical pictures give me the most problem, which is why I was choosing to add a background pic to fill the screen instead of black. I will have to change my picture taking habits.... I take ALOT of portrait pictures. I couldn't figure out what you meant by "partially filling" for a while, but a click here and there I finally got it. Thank you so much.... I had no idea you could do this and I'm liking it - puts the focus back on Emily's face which is what I wanted. So glad I found this site.

Barbara: Thanks for your comments.

So my show has been revised again.... but that's a "wrap" I'm happy with it and can finally get my Xmas DVD finished. Thanks again everyone.

Linda

Postby kellysgreens » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi there Linda...I have only viewed the final revised show...it is lovely. You are doing some things that I would like to know how to do...nothing a quick call to Photodex won't fix! LOL

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:58 pm

kellysgreens: anything I have done in my show I have learned from searching on this site - with the exception of some frames/masks which were done in photoediting software. Just post "howto" or search on this wonderful site.

Linda

Postby bjquilts63 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:25 am

I only saw the revised version and I love it. Beautiful child. I looked at some of your other work and am very impressed with what you have done. I have gotten some ideas for very old pictures of the grandparents. I also like the simplicity of your shows, letting the pictures tell the story. I have only had Gold for two weeks and am a little bit too in love with styles and transitions. I am now getting that out of my system.
Barbara

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:05 am

Barbara - Thank you for your kind comments. I think everyone new to the program gets excited about everything the program offers and at first ends up with too many styles/transitions and too much motion. It took me a while to tone everything down to the point that my shows are nothing fancy and very simple. Don't be afraid to post your shows on this site - you will get some very good comments from experienced users on how to improve. Have fun.

Linda

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback