It's a Marshmallow World

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

It's a Marshmallow World

Postby ginger » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've uploaded a fun little show I did as I was previewing ProShow Gold and its audio syncing feature. The show is quite simple as this is only my 2nd slideshow, and my first Photodex slideshow. (I'm thinking about putting Producer at the top of my Christmas list ... heehee)

Anyway, the file is quite large ... about 41 MB so I don't know if people will have trouble viewing it ... please let me know. (I thought since I limited the rendering to 1024 x 768 that the size wouldn't be so large, but I obviously have much to learn.) The show is only about 2:45 long.

CREDITS:
All photos provided by http://www.sxc.hu/
Music: "It's a Marshmallow World" by Dean Martin

There's nothing offensive.

All critiques welcome. I'm eager to learn.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=156595
Last edited by ginger on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: It's a Marshmallow World

Postby SherryJB » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Ginger - You need to add the hyperlink to your post.

Sherry B.

Postby rdurga » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi Ginger,

You got some nice photographs in the slideshow. Your selection of my favorite, Dean martin singing in the background is very appropriate.

Pl go with producer and make the slideshow. You will have lots of fun.

ram

Postby SherryJB » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi Ginger - Your photography is just gorgeous! Pictures of snow are sometimes blue or full of glare. The nature images are my favorite, especially the fawn - just beautiful.

A couple of technique suggestions. We all get overwhelmed by the movement when we start. You may want to reduce the amount of motion in each image, and use some stationary images. Also, the transitions could be lengthened a tad to let the imaged blend into each other.

Music and timing (your synch attemp) were gtood. Great song for the images. You can credit your music right on the last slide, and don't forget to give yourself credit!

Welcome to the forum. With photographic ability like yours, you will be a great addition to the family.

SherryB.

Postby ginger » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Thanks to both of you for looking. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the photos. I downloaded all of them from a free photo site callled Stock.XCHNG, which I provided a link to in my original post.

Ram, glad you liked the choice of music. I have one of Dean's Christmas CD's (called Making Spirits Bright) which has Marshmallow World as well as lots of other great songs. I highly recommend it if you're in the market for fun Christmas music. I'm a little nervous about going for Producer without having mastered ProShowGold first, but I'd also hate to look back 6 months from now and wish I had gone for it from the beginning.

SherryB, thanks for the suggestion of reducing the amount of motion, and about lengthening the transitions so that the images blend into each other better. I was trying to sort of keep up with the beat of the song, but you're right in that I lost some of the blending because of that. I think I could have gotten by with less photos. Also, thanks for the suggestion of putting credits on the last slide. I agree that (especially in this case where the photos nor the music was my own :lol: ) it's even more appropriate to include the credits in the show itself, even though I did provide credit in my post as well as on the Photodex site. I'll certainly do that from now on.

Thanks again!

Postby rdurga » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi Ginger,

I have used photos from that site previously for photo editing. They have a very good collection of pictures at high resolution.

If the additional expenses is not a hinderance and if you have free time to play around, I suggest producer. In fact, you might as well download producer on trial basis and play around. It has very good features like styles, keyframes and modifiers. Photodex and some talented members of this forum offer styles packages. Ofcourse all these add to expenses. If you can afford, pl go for the producer.

ram

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback