REVISED - Emily's First Year - 6 min

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

REVISED - Emily's First Year - 6 min

Postby lindonalta » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:27 am

Well another very personal show about my first grandchild.
May be objectionable to some seeing 1 min old baby or naked baby.
Boring subject probably for most men.
I love, love the first music choice.... but not convinced I've found the best 2nd track yet.

WARNING: Her beautiful eyes will melt you..... what can I say, I'm biased of course.

Suggestions how to improve - always welcome.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4550&alb=0
Last edited by lindonalta on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Emily's First Year - 6 min

Postby bellzerr » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:57 am

With a subject like Emily the mechanics of the show really don't matter much, do they? She iscute as a bug! Besides a couple of shots with a bit of red eye early in the show, the only other thing I might do is vary the movement a bit. Most of the shots used a zoom in so you could mix that up a bit. I liked the shadowed photos - I never think to do that. Nice show, good pace, I liked it. :D
Mark

Postby SherryJB » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 pm

What a doll baby! She is indeed very photogenic. Must be in her genes :) .

Mark was right, I did notice that most of the photos zoom out. Many images are great so they could be stationary or move back slightly. Another preference of mine is that little kids need lighter backgrounds. The black background is so stark with those pink cheeks. ProShow has some little girl backgrounds, or you could make you own with gradients. (Debbie Green has some easy tutorials on her Proshow User Site: debngar) You also could try some vignettes to soften some image edges. The red eye can be corrected right in ProShow. Music and flow were very pleasing.Those are just some suggestions, which are personal preferences. Nice job!
BTW, I fell for Emily!

Thanks for sharing.

Sherry B.

Postby Diane48 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:16 pm

What a beautiful little girl. I can see you will be kept very busy doing shows about Emily in the future. I look forward to watching her grow. Like Mark and Sherry I would have liked some different backgrounds. Even an outline on some photos picking up the colour of her outfits would have defined the photos more.
Thank you for sharing,
Cheers, Diane

Postby trulytango » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:26 am

Hi there

Emily is a darling! And the camera loves her... beautiful eyes and a captivating smile. You had some lovely shots to work with and I did enjoy your show, but I think it could do with being a bit more upbeat. The first track was quite nice for an opener, but the 2nd one was maybe a bit too dreary? Something more lively to suit the exploits of a growing baby would fit in better!

Like the others, I think that introducing a bit of colour by way of backgrounds and cute framing options would work really well with little Emily in future shows.

Regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby weebolddavy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:47 am

Hi

Lovely show with a sprinkling of cracking photos. Like others I think the show would benefit greatly by picking out colours from the photos for the background as the black is a little like watching a slideshow on a screen in a darkened room. I think you got the pace of the show about right. Fast pace shows are extremely difficult to get 'just right' without losing the mood. I watched the show twice and the music seems fine. I tried to think what I would use to replace it and struggled. Don't stop taking photos, I'm looking forward to her second birthday!

Regards

David
Even the longest journey starts with a single step

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 pm

okay you all have this newby madly searching on "How to"..... "vignettes" (what the heck is that?) , "gradients". I did manage to find the outline button.
I did try to change the background color on some pics but then it the show looked I dont know what to call it.... disjointed... didnt flow right to me.
Should the background color be the same throughout the whole slide show?
I have alot of catching up to do.... Emily is now 4 plus I have three other grandbabies to do shows for (by Xmas..???) if I can get the hang of this program. It seems each time I look at a show I created, I find myself always changing something.
If anyone can point me to a tutorial on "vignettes" or gradients - would be greatly appreciated.

Postby SherryJB » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Didn't stop to think that vignettes and gradients were not available in Gold. If you have an image editor like Photoshop, Elements, Paint Shop, some scrapbooking software, etc. you can get gradients there. Free backgrounds can be picked up on stock photosites. You can still color edges of your photos with the outline feature in Gold.

Just experiment. You will find lots to use, and each show will get better and better.

Have fun!

Sherry B.

Valued Member

Re: REVISED - Emily's First Year - 6 min

Postby lindonalta » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks everyone for your advise. l have revised the show to include some more color with the use of borders, frames and outlines and reduced the zooming. etc. The new link is in the first post.

Please let me know what you think. Couldn't find better music yet for the second piece.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback