Our Wedding Day

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Our Wedding Day

Postby weebolddavy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:26 am

Hi Folks
I've posted this show for your criticism and enjoyment. The show lasts for 12minutes and 32 seconds and consists of 271 photos, rarely is a photo on the screen for more than 2 seconds so hopefully you wont get too bored! The second music track is the music the couple walked down the isle to I have kept the transitions simple without using too many different ones which I feel can often spoil a show. The couple loved the show and the bride says it moves her to tears. A problem i had in previous shows was photographs in the portrait format on a landscape screen, you'll notice in this show how I got around this problem. Your comments, positive or negative are appreciated. I enjoy learning! Enjoy

Regards
David
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3224&alb=0
Even the longest journey starts with a single step

Valued Member

Re: Our Wedding Day

Postby lindonalta » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:03 pm

You have captured the day of the bride and groom - I'm sure they loved it. I like what you did with the portrait pictures. I'm a newbie at the program so I offer no advise other than I found the show a wee bit long with some photos that were very very similar. I like some things you did in the show with colors, etc. now I just have to play around to figure out how you did it.

Postby heckydog » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:46 pm

I enjoyed the show very much. The music was nice, especially the middle one. It sounded familiar, like something Dolly Parton did, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment. You captured the whole day pretty well. The 12 minutes went by pretty quick for me.

And the slide near the end where everyone was holding the frame. I hadn't seen that before in a slide show. A clever idea. It's like an OOB picture in real life. :D I like the minimal use of transitions. And where you put in a special one it seemed to fit well.

The only thing that caught my attention was that some of the photos, mainly group shots, but also some of the couple, would have looked better if they'd been cropped a little. Other than that, a big thumbs up.

Joe

Postby SherryJB » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:17 pm

David -

The show was long, but I enjoyed all 12 minutes of it. There were a lot of photos, but your timing kept the show moving and interesting. You did a nice job meshing mood, music, and images. Using a blurred image as a backdrop for portrait images was a great idea. It tied everything together, and just seemed to make it all a package.

Your lighting was great in many shots. Was it a morning wedding? Beautiful. I especially loved the image of their oldest daughter touching the flowers outside.

I should have caught the location based on the groom's name, but the shot of the bride's mum and dad - I said, "Oh wow, a UK wedding!" Stout and hats just set the mood. I loved it. Just loved it.

Thanks for sharing!

Sherry B.

Postby weebolddavy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 am

Hi Folks thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the show.
Lindonalta, you mention about the colours, I can only assume you are talking about having a monchrome photo and picking out various things in colour. This is a standard Photoshop technique working with two copies of the photo, one colour and one monochrome on separate layers. You may have noticed the bride alone in colour, then the placing of the rings then the bride and groom in colour, symbolic of two becoming one.

Joe; Yes you are correct about the music, it is a song penned by Dolly Parton called 'I will always Love You'. I believe Whitney Houston had a hit with it too. The bride chose the music for the show, all in all it seems to work well. You mentioned some of the photos could have been cropped. I actually took them this way so that I COULD crop them if neccessary. Mounts, albums and photo frames are rarely supplied full frame and photos have to be cropped to 7"x5" 8"x6" or 10"x8* which is something that's always at the back of your mind. Can I ask you Joe, what is an OOB photo!? Not a term I'm familiar with, I've lead a sheltered life! :oops:

Sherry B. It was a 3.30pm wedding, it started as a lovely morning with thunder forecast in the afternoon so I had one eye on the sky all day. Thankfully I got all my outside photos finished before the change came :D

Thanks once more for your contribution
David

Postby heckydog » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:33 am

weebolddavy wrote: . . . . Can I ask you Joe, what is an OOB photo!? Not a term I'm familiar with, I've lead a sheltered life! :oops:
. . . . .
David

OOB stands for Out of Bounds and it's a technique for editing a normal photograph that, when done correctly, can make for some very interesting and unique effects. There are lots of tutorials on how to create them but here are some samples. I think you'll get the idea after you view them.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/70-outstan ... ds-photos/

As soon as I saw the people with the frames I thought to myself, this is just crying out for some sort of OOB effect :)

Joe

Postby weebolddavy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 am

Hi Joe

Glad you told me what oob is, you had me worried for a while! Some time ago I purchased a DVD tutorial to learn how to do that effect. I've never had a go but that link has really inspired me! Thanks for opening my blinkered eyes! Used on the correct image it certainly has the wow factor, you just got my creative juices flowing. :roll: Thanks again.

Regards

David

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback