Tribute to Mom (being brave to post)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Tribute to Mom (being brave to post)

Postby lindonalta » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 am

I'm being very brave here to post this show (my second) that is so personal to me but this is one of the reasons I bought the program. I need some fresh (no tears) eyes to view it. Even after Mom has been gone almost 5 years this was a tough project. Music is not playing not right in places, dont know why?

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3764&alb=0
Last edited by lindonalta on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Tribute to Mom (being brave to post)

Postby bellzerr » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:42 am

I didn't know her, but I feel like I do now. A beautiful show. Thank you for sharing.
Mark

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:05 am

Dear Lindonalto

Would love to know your real name, please post it, and you location.

I love these historical shows, and you have kept it simple, no fancy styles or transitions which gives it real inpact.

Congratulations :)
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Postby trulytango » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 am

Hi there

That is a beautiful and heartfelt tribute to your Mom... you kept it simple and let the pictures speak for themselves with their very subtle and appropriate captions.

The music sounded fine to me. It's quite an emotional and thought-provoking piece and I think you made a good choice. Well done.

Best wishes
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:31 am

You did a nice job portraying your mom as you knew her. The captions were a nice addition to help describe what your mom was like. I had no trouble with the music - worked fine for me and was a nice melody.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 am

Watching this show was a little tough for me and for the same reasons as it's tough for you. I lost my own mother just around when you lost yours, and I kept having matching memories to yours.

Paying tribute to someone means paying tribute to them, not to the software, and so you did beautifully with this show. It was all about your mother...and it would seem about mine, too, and probably anyone else here who's lost their mom. Mothers are special people.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 pm

That was beautiful. Like Barbara said, it could have been my mother too. The cat eye glasses, the cooking turkey, reading when she got a quite moment, everything. So many memories in this slideshow. I smiled the whole time, even when I got teary eyed. You are very lucky to have had a wonderful mother and it looks like she lived a long happy life, surrounded by family and friends.

Thank you for sharing her with us.
Sue

Postby bellzerr » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:11 pm

And to us guys, dads too. I have many a fond memory of cutting through the electric cord of the saw I was using, hammering down flooring over top of my dad's favorite hammer, and cutting light switch holes in paneling that were reversed either left to right or top to bottom so that the light switch and cut out were 4 feet away from each other when we held the panel into place against the wall. Ah, good memories. :D :D
Mark

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Everyone above: Thank you all for your nice comments. I'm sure there are ways that it could be improved but you are being too kind. Why would the music only sound wonky to me when I go to the link?

Postby bellzerr » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:01 pm

We're older. It syncs up fine with our wonky ears. Don't know why, actually. And truly, every show can be tweaked forever. At some point you must announce that the show is done, and start working on the next one. :D
This show looks great and several folks stated why they thought so. We're all sincere. It's a very nice job.
Mark

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:22 am

If the music sounds good to everyone but you, then it must be that something is awry in your own computer. It's the only thing I can think of. Do you perhaps need to upgrade your video or sound card? Or could it be related to download speed? I don't know if the latter could affect the sound, but I threw it out there because it popped into my head, and maybe it'll get minds more technical than mine to address it. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Barkingmad » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:08 am

Barbara, I think the sound is related to the download speed ... for no other reason than I always had problems with the sound when watching shows when I was on dial up....
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Esteemed Member

Postby rlsu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 am

What a beautiful show! I loved the captions and your music selection. I had no problem with the music.
Michelle
Michelle

Postby HunnyB » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:00 am

The music was fine for me too. I like the piece a lot.
Okay, guess I am going to be the bad guy here. I thought your show was just fine, and I
am only giving suggestions for your future ones. Okay?
I would add a little color to the background. Maybe a gradient or a simple pattern. Just to spruce it up a bit.
Maybe something in her favorite color.
Also, some of the photos needed some touching up. You can easily remove the ink spots, and correct the contrast. If you want to, that is.
I would spell out February in the beginning. And at the last slide of your mom photo, I would change the transition. Kinda looked like it was coming out of her nose.

Okay, this is just me. And I am not meaning to critize your show of your mom. Just helping you with future shows. I hope you see it as that. I look back to the show I did for my dad after he passed away in 2004 - and trust me, I have learned so much since then. Commenting on such personal shows are always hard. But you said you wanted other eyes to view and suggest. These comments are out of love. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Hunnyb: I appreciate your comments. You are certainly not "the bad guy" for making your suggestions. Constructive advise is always appreciated. I know the older photographs had some issues... but I'm lousy at "fixing" photographs.

Because this show is so personal.... I will be removing it soon.
Thanks everyone.

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback