"Flowers"

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: "Flowers"

Postby pd » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 am

ginger wrote:I'm brand new to photography. I bought a Nikon D60 a year or so ago, but then didn't have the time to learn how to use it until now, so could I ask a dumb question?

Is the focul blur seen in most of your photos applied in Photoshop or is that done with settings on your camera?
ginger

Hi Ginger,

Have a go at this link.
http://dryreading.com/camera/index.html
Do not be daunted big camera. DSLR are similar to a point and shoot camera. Once you understand the basics, all you need is imagination. The good thing about digital cameras is that you can check your results instantly.

Play with the settings on this site to understand what is happening, then try it out on your camera using the various settings to obtain different results of the same subject. Use something static and if you have a tripod. This ensures constant results. Therefore no pets or kids.

This should keep you busy for a few hours.
regards.
pd

Re: "Flowers"

Postby ginger » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:56 am

Hey thanks pd. That's a great little tool.

The post that you referred to was made over a year ago, so fortunately I've gotten to know my camera a little better since then. However, I still find that when there's a photo op, I don't always know what adjustments to make quickly. I guess that's where lots of practice with specific conditions beforehand is helpful.

Thanks again for the link. I'm sure others will find it useful as well.

ginger

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback