Funeral Show...Please help! 1:45 music added

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Funeral Show...Please help! 1:45 music added

Postby kellysgreens » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 am

Hi...we had a death yesterday in our community. A 24 year old girl was killed in an accident...i do not know her or her family well, but was in the right spot to offer making a show. There are only about 50 pics of this girl, all taken from her cell phone. So, I am limited. I LOVE quotes and would be open to any that come to your mind as appropriate...the end spelling of loves is intentionally wrong..this is what she said to her mom for i love you.
Also, i want to double the time of each slide but seem to have lost that option on each slide on my proshow...how can i activate seeing it again?

Funeral is Tuesday...would like feedback this weekend

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8654&alb=0

Thanks so much for your help...any feedback as to how to do this is welcome.

Re: Funeral Show...Please help! 1:45 music added

Postby Barkingmad » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:39 am

Have you perhaps pressed the "tab" key to see the music on the timeline ... try pressing the tab key to see if the times are displayed again
Lovely appropriate song you have chosen!
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby kellysgreens » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:47 am

that was exactly the problem...thanks so much for your time and help!
k

Postby Barkingmad » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:01 am

you are very welcome! What are you planning for the quotes - are you looiking to put one on eachs slide ot alternate slide?
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby debngar » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:43 am

Google for memorial verses or quotes.

If you're going to use the entire song, 50 images is a good number. Leave your quotes/caption up longer so they can be read. If you add a few quotes (not too many) on slides in between here and there it will extend the show time. You can set longer transition and longer slide times if you'd like to fill up the song. I'm assuming you don't want it to cut off abruptly at the end.

A few non-destructive tweaks on the pictures via Layers>Editing>Adjustments sliders may work to make the images look better and get some contrast and pop out of them. For the darker photos, try increasing the white point a bit and maybe increase the contrast too. I don't know if you have the blur and sharpen features in Gold but try a bit of sharpening too if you think that will help. There's not much that can be done with small resolution images really since they are pixelated but you could try on some of the pics to see what it would do.

Hope it works out for you. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:02 am

Because this is a memorial, I think the pictures are what count most. If the quality is bad, I don't think anyone will really mind. There are lots of image editor tricks that can be pulled with poor-quality photos, but you just don't have the time for that.

Debbie's idea of placing the quotes in between photos and thus extending the show through to the end of the music is a good one.

Maybe you could spruce it up with a simple frame used throughout, enclosing the quotes in the same frame for consistency.

(Young people shouldn't die.)

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby kellysgreens » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks for your help...went to the editing and worked with a few and will incorporate some more quotes...it's really tough to pick quotes for someone so young! thanks so much for your help and willingness to help.
K

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback