My first job

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: My first job

Postby AMD » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Sorry . . . yes, it should be guides with an "s"; I had to go back and read what I had posted. I had written notes as I watched and my notes were to change the word "guide" to "guides." Sorry I posted incorrectly. Cristina, it looks correct now. Sorry I caused the confusion.

Ann

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:58 am

You have implemented the ideas suggested and I see a marked improvement.It is up to you when to say CUT. Ideas are endless and you probaly have the time to play and fiddle with it as you only have a single commision.

Some ideas;

00:20 I would blur the guy's dress even more so that the words stand out better.

01:11 The spacing between the second and third line should be similar. I would also bullet them for greater effect.

01:15 This is debateable and would appreciate input from others. My idea was plugging into Africa. As it is now it is plugging into America.

01:36 This calls for a quick fix in Photoshop. Remove the white borders on the left and right or create a border all around the map.
I would also try to reinforce the idea by putting curved lines coming from outside and maybe within Africa indicating global business connections.

Hope these simple ideas are useful to you.

Regards
pd
regards.
pd

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:36 pm

Hello again,
I'm so thankful to all of you that commented my show!
I just finished a new version, and I belive I used a bit of everybody's suggestions.

PD, your suggestion about the map was genious. Thank you. I'm going to ask my client about to wich counties he would like me to add the curved lines.

Ann, no problem at all about the confusion regarding the "s" in guides. I know you had the best intentions. Thank you!

Hunny, I got rid of the effect you didn't like. I think it looks better now. More "straight foward".

Al, I used 98% of your advices. Thank you so much for your help. I'm still trying to convince my husband to record the voice over... :roll: (his spoken english is a lot better than mine... no latin accent...).

I added a background in the end, but I'm not so sure about it...

If anyone get curious here is the new version:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=153540

Thank you all,
Cristina
Cristina

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:19 am

Cristina, His or yours, it does not matter. I think a Latin flavored voice over would be super! After all, this is an international project. I'll just bet that you have a great sounding voice. When you do any audio, be sure to get the FREE audio editor, "Audacity" it is terrific. Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby nannybear » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:50 pm

Pretty much all has been said. I would use "guides" as well. I didn't care the small pulse effect over and over, I would have only used it once. Great job though and the client's opinion is the one that counts. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Thank you for watching Jan! I appreciatte you took the time to tell me your opinion.
Cristina
Cristina

Postby lennyman » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Cristina
I had a look at your new presentation. it looks good and all the text grammar is correct.
David

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Thank you David, for your help and interest!
have a nice week,
Cristina
Cristina

Postby Lina » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:28 am

Hi Cristina,

What else could I add or say?? Very well done and very nice "Pub" with beautiful photography.
Keep posting and thank you for sharing
Lina

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback