Father's Day Car Show

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Father's Day Car Show

Postby DANO » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:30 pm

This is a car show that my wife and I attended with our son and his family on Farher's Day in 2005. I shoot for sharp and crisp photographs (don't always achieve it), and previously have not been particularly artistic in postproduction. After finding this forum, I was really inspired by the shows of "57 Corvette", and some other shows done with Topaz Adjust. So, I gave it a try. This show is the result of using some Photoshop techinques and Topaz Adjust, Detail, and Simplify. I have had a lot of fun and learned a lot doing this show. Please let me know your thoughts, what you liked or didn't like.

Dan

This show does not contain material that might be considered objectionable and is 4.5 minutes in length, 184KB.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0513&alb=0

Re: Father's Day Car Show

Postby anitaemile » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi Dan

I really liked the effects you applied to the pictures, and I enjoyed all these gorgeous cars in vivid colors. My son is a junior in car design at the college for creative studies, (one of the only 13 chosen for this year) so I have seen hundreds -no, make that thousands- of cars, car parts and whatever pass my eyes. Plus living in the automotive state and having a an automotive product designer as a husband and the other son a freshman in mechanical engineering at Kettering you understand I really HAD to watch this show. I have to admit, there were cars I haven't seen before. ( how can that be?).

Anita

Postby DANO » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks Anita. Sounds like you're family is definately in to cars. Probably the most unusual vehicle in the show, was the Model T mail truck built for the snow, with the skis in the front and half tracks in the back. As I recall, that truck was built that way for the Postal Service by Ford.

Dan

Postby trulytango » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:57 pm

DANO wrote:Probably the most unusual vehicle in the show, was the Model T mail truck built for the snow, with the skis in the front and half tracks in the back. As I recall, that truck was built that way for the Postal Service by Ford.

Dan

THAT was a mad vehicle indeed... would love to see it action :lol:

Nice show Dan... I liked the vibrancy you achieved in all your cool shots.
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby HunnyB » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:59 am

I enjoyed your show very much. I just got back from a car show with the hubby and about 8 couple friends. We take our blue and white 72 ford pickup. So much fun. In fact I am working on that show right now. :D

Thanks for sharing - loved the effects and the music too.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 am

Nicely done Dan ......very much liked your re-touches on the cars. It looked like it was a great car show and of course I liked seeing so many Vettes. Glad some of my work was an inspirartion to you. If you would like to see some of my new work, look here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratrodstudios/

Hope to see more from you soon .......

Best,

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Dan,
Well done show. Lots of attention to detail, (How many folks noticed the stoplight?) Very subtle indeed. These cars offer great opportunity for the effects such as Topaz Adjust. I must say that I was not enthralled with your choice of music, but there was nothing wrong with it ... I just didn't like the repetitiveness of the piece. I did like and enjoy the show despite the music.
Kudos,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby DANO » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Thank you all for the nice comments.
HunnyB - Looking forward to seeing your car show with the 72 Ford pickup.
Bob - Thanks for the link to your new work, as in your slideshows, it's fantastic.
Jerry - Thanks for commenting on the stoplight, I wondered if anyone would notice it.

Dan

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback