Jane and Chico - HELP !

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Jane and Chico - HELP !

Postby climax » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi Al,
Are you kidding me ?? Me angry with you ? Only if I would be crazy... I'm soooo thankfull for your help.
I just rewatched the show paying attention to all the things you pointed. Surprised me that you've liked what you called "high key look" (never heard this before :lol: ). I thought you would say that I should dump those images, because they are among the worst ones in terms of focus. I'm glad you liked my little trick.
Regarding the little girl with no space left towards the direction she's looking, you are absolutelly right. And I never thought about that rool. Makes all the sense in the world. And you made me laugh getting my attention that I've cutted the bride's face :oops: . Oh my God... how could I ?? What was I thinking ?
And you also pointed a big mistake I made. I did stayed in the same spot all the time. Again I ask myself what was I thinking ?? Now that I heard it from you, I really see all of that so clearly. I won't do the same mistake again...
About the last shot, I agree that a pic of the couple would be better. But I feel that I don't have any pic with impact for the ending. And that's why I'm excited about Debbie's idea of taking new photos. (good advice about the clothes... didn't think about that either).
I also like the idea of making everything sepia. I'll try and see how it looks.
About Elements... wooww... that would be incredibly generous of you !! Thank you so much! If you're sure you' ll never use it, that would be something I'll never forget.

Al, you know well how upset I was about that day. But now I see that it was just so good for me. I lost count of how many things I learnt from my mistakes, so gently pointed out by all of you. I'm really thankfull to all of you guys.

Cristina
Cristina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi dear Chrissy,
Thank you for your comments about the menu, but I have to say that I have never ever seen any of that in PSG. I don't have this box "action on click", unfortunately.
But it was a good try. Thanks a lot,
Cristina
Cristina

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:40 pm

ACK!!! Oh Cristina I am so sorry, I forgot you use Gold..I was telling you how to fix the menu using Producer...what an idiot I am! But surely in Gold there are menu settings??? I am SURE you just have to have an action on your highlighted text.....Have you searched everywhere in the menu settings?
Chrissy

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Chrissy,
I do believe I searched every possible option in menu settings. But of course I maybe be wrong... but I do'nt think so. When I used to be able to do whatever I wanted with the menus I just had to check the little box saying drop a shadow to this caption.
It would be fantastic if someone that has PSG would help me...
Thanks again for your interest in helping me,
Cristina
Cristina

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh your very welcome, I'm just frustrated that getting the menu to work is so hard for you to figure out..I know Gold users will help, Iris (trulytango) used Gold for years before Producer, she is in England so maybe if she reads this in the morning she can offer you a suggestion :D
hugggs, Chrissy

Postby Anna J » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:50 am

Cristina,
I'm not a photographer so I can't advise you on that. But I use GIMP for photo editing. It's free and works much the same way Photoshop does. Photoshop brushes and actions can be used with GIMP. I'm not sure if all the Actions work because I haven't tried them. You can also make your own brushes in GIMP. I was saving my pennies in a jar to buy Photoshop until I found GIMP. After that I decided to use my pennies to buy donuts. Search Google for GIMP and see what you think until Al's nice offer of Elements makes it to Helsinki. :D

Anna
Anna

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Anna !
Thank you so much for this great tip. I had never heard of this GIMP. Just went there and downloaded it.
Seems great,
Cristina
Cristina

Postby Anna J » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Cristina,
You might find this site useful: http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html
Once you find your way around GIMP, most Photoshop tutorials can be adapted to GIMP. I forced myself to learn how to use it because I wanted BarbaraC's Mosaic frame and GIMP worked with it just fine.
PM me if you run into problems and I may be able to help.
Anna
Anna

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback