Still Working

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Still Working

Postby mfalco » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:11 am

Yes I'm still working on my last show that I posted. I have resigned myself to the fact that I don't have the imagination that all of you have in creating a show. Your efforts are great! I am mostly interested in taking pictures and displaying them with music in a simple way. The link below is what I have done so far with my last post and a preview of something else I am working on. The whole thing is about 1m 30 sec long. I figure I will not finish either for quite a while so this will probably be my last post for sometime. Thank you for all your encouragement.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5381&alb=0

Re: Still Working

Postby bob walden » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Everything is centered. Pretty static. IMO. Try different angles and use the rule of thirds.

nebgranny

Postby nebgranny » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:25 am

mfalco:
I thought your pictures were very nice. I liked the closeups. I thought the guy with the long hair had "prettier" hair than the gal he was with. Just an observation there..laughing! :lol:

I agree there are many people who post here who are very creative, and I also admire their creativity, however I like simple as well , and telling a story in a peaceful and simple way say's so much. I hope you continue to use your own creativity and style as you put together your shows.

I again wish to say I did enjoy your pictures, and Bob's suggestion to take from different angles would give your shows a nice look without even having to use transistions! I love to take pictures and bought a camera a year ago and have taken some classes to learn how to use my first SLR camera. Been quite a learning experience for me. I believed once I had a nice camera my pictures would improve and what I have come to find is yes you can take nice pictures with a nice camera but it really is the person behind the camera and how they use the settings and techniques that help get a really "Great" photo! Keep working to achieve your own style!! Blessings nebgranny

Postby cec_mar2008 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:56 am

I really think it is a beatiful show! The pictures are great and you don't need super special effects to do a show the people will enjoy. Look at Dreamland's shows: she is an amazing photographer and her shows are as simpler as yours. And are so beatiful!

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:25 am

Bob's idea of moving some of the photos off-center is a good one. In the first part--the street show--perhaps a bit of framing would work since, as it stands, you're relying on the edges of the screen to do the framing. This draws attention to the black bars. Even the simplest of framing might overcome this such as a thin border around the pictures.

I agree with the notion of simplicity. I have Producer and have all kinds of bells and whistles at my fingertips, but even though I periodically give them a whirl, I inevitably drop them from the show because they draw attention to themselves. I want to show my pictures, not what the software can do.

You have an obvious and very interesting storyline for each of these shows, so I sure hope you don't give up on either of them because I look forward to the finished products.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby HunnyB » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:40 am

Always remember this ---- TELL A STORY.
Yes, your pictures are very good -- but I don't know what I just watched. What were they of? What is the purpose of the show? See what I mean?
Try some color in your show. Or a video background from time to time. Or 2-3 photos on one slide. Something to make it into a "show". Do you have the "slide styles". They are great to use to spruce up a show.
Come on, I know you can do it ---we all have this in common - and it is to be creative with our photos. :D :D :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:55 am

Hunny, somewhere buried in the threads is the original idea behind the first part of this show, which isn't really a show since it's currently a work in progress, but I'll bet anything you were still completely under the weather when it was posted. If I'm remembering correctly, the first part is going to be a "man on the street" tale, quick glimpses of passersby, people standing or chatting or even, as shown in one image, protesting. It's a great idea that will eventually bear fruit. I do agree with you, however, that some motion is definitely called for because at the base of the show is the notion of activity on the street.

Barbara

Postby HunnyB » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks Barbara ----- :oops:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:15 am

Don't you dare be embarrassed, Hunny! It doesn't matter that you were unaware of the previous thread because everything you said was still true and excellent advice.

Barbara

Postby HunnyB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:46 pm

You are too kind Barbara :D
HunnyB

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Marty, you have a good start...taking us on a trip to the people on the street, the hustle and bustle, I already told you I liked where this show is going....I hope you can get back to it and finish it up, but real life sometimes interferes!
Eddie is doing really good...give my love to Kathy..take care both of you..
Chrissy

Postby Bob R » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:22 am

Simple works for me. Some great photos!

Bob

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback