The Perfect Husband!

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
makuk

The Perfect Husband!

Postby makuk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi all, I am new here but wish I had found you before I had started and finished my presentation!

This is my first ever time using Gold and found it fun.

Anyway, I spent a grand total of 45 hours on my show and would love your feedback before I present it next week.

My wife and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage and have a big event in my city, this video is basically a mick take out of me!

If you think there is anyway I can improve it PLEASE let me know, your criticism good or bad is highly welcome.

I hope you like it, the audio was the hardest part of the whole thing, you can view it here: It is over 6 minutes in total.

Everyone in the show is my family.

http://www.photodex.com/share/makuk/dwc96mg4

makuk

Re: The Perfect Husband!

Postby makuk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Hmmm, I have just watched the video myself on the photodex site and I am very dissapointed that the timing with the audio is completely OUT!

It certainly isn't this way when playing on the software, I guess I will be playing the show direct from the software next week. How frustrating, linking the audio and pictures took me hours!!!!!!

Never mind, just remember the audio and pictures should be in time!!!

So apart from that please let me know your thoughts !

Postby becky_calif » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 pm

What a hoot! Really enjoyed your video. I had to reboot my machine and then found the timing seemed right on to me...video/audio. You found the program fun? Looks like "fun" is your middle name :) I can see it must have been a job to get your audio lined up so perfectly with your words, but I also thought the music clips were the best transitions into each other I've seen in anyone's videos.

Suggestion? For me, I would have liked the photos to be on less time, but I think you were timing each photo to the particular length of song you were playing. I thought if you could add an additional photo or two into that same time slot used by each particular song it would have added some interest and pepped up those segements.

Hope I explained my suggestion so you could understand what I was attempting to say.

Really, really enjoyed your video and your wife and audience no doubt will be highly impressed.
Becky
Becky

makuk

Postby makuk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi Becky

Thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad the audio and video was in time, yes the audio was a big headache for me and finding the right songs with the right words was a complicated task, and I can see your point about the length of some of the clips, like you thought, the big problem was mixing the tracks right, ie not cutting them mid sentence or on the wrong beat etc, I think you are right, some of the longer clips could do with a picture or 2 added, I think I will do that.

Thank you for sparing 6 minutes of your time to watch the video :D I truly appreciate your feedback, it means a lot to me.

Take care.

Mark.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:11 am

Hi Mark !
Your video is great!! You're so ceative... your show was fresh, original, and very well done. It played perfectly for me too. I loved the synchronism of the text and the song in the beginning... it was genious. Your sense of humour is delightful and I'm sure your wife will love the show!
Can't wait to see more of you creativity in new shows...
Congratulations for being the perfect husband for 10 years :lol:
Cristina
Cristina

Postby trulytango » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:26 am

Hi Mark!

Great job :D It played fine at this end and your creative, fun ideas have really paid off. I think a few more pictures inserted into the various bits would improve it even more.

Happy Anniversary 8)

Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:15 am

Mark,
What a different spin! Very creative! I enjoyed it thoroughly, kudos to you on the timing, it was perfect for me!
I have to agree with Becky, with the faster music clips, add a few more pics and zip those puppies in and out faster.
Another suggestion (and remember this is coming from a school teacher) is that your nouns and pronouns don't match in one sentence. A perfect husband...you have their and it should be his.
Also, at the end you have a little more black screen than music, you might want to either delete the black slides at the end, shorten their time or stretch that music just a tad.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

makuk

Postby makuk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 am

Thank you all so much for taking the time to watch it and post your thoughts, it looks like you all agree it could do with some more pictures, so that is what I am going to work on today :D

Thank you Tina for the pointing out of the nouns and pronoun errors, I will correct them now, the english language is soooo complicated :D - Any chance you could help with my renewal vows and my speech too ahahahah :lol:

I have just finished a 20th Century Fox intro on it as well and I am also going to change the ending to make it a bit fresher rather than it just saying The End !

Not sure if anyone is interested but here is my website for the event next week: http://www.kahl.co.uk

I will post the new video up again later if anyone would like to take a look.

Wow, you're all such nice people here, thank you all again so much.

Postby kellysgreens » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 am

what a fun approach to celebrating your love! I am sure that your wife and friends will enjoy it trememdously! I did!
I don't understand the end with you in the electric chair...I think just ending with the love for your wife is nice and brings in a touch of seriousness after all the fun and smiles.
K

Valued Member

Postby visimp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:02 pm

I also had problems with the sound, the first time through the songs seemed to be a slide behind. I restarted the computer and all was fine, the songs and the slides lined up. They are well chosen songs.

I enjoyed your show. Have fun at your party!

visimp

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:26 pm

What a riot! I didn't have any trouble with the sound except that someone defaced an Elton song...shame on them!

Loved the video and agree with adding more photos. The style you used over and over is great but was hoping each pic would be different. I think it would be more interesting. I am not knocking it at all, I loved it, just my 2 cents.

So I read your invitation and I thought about attending. I think you and your wife would be a hoot, and the food sounds delicious! Having the hypnotist is going to be wild!

Congratulations on your 10 years and many more to come!
Sue

Postby Anna J » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Once I saw the Krispy Kreme box I knew you were indeed the perfect husband! :D
A fun show. Thanks for sharing.
Anna
Anna

makuk

Postby makuk » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi everyone and thank you for all the new comments, they are great to read.

Sue, I guess you didn't like the Elton John song then :lol: :lol: I quite like it.

K, thanks for your thoughts on the electric chair, I am in two minds about if I should leave it in or take it out, I am tempted to leave it in as I have made another 5 minute video which is just photos of my wife and I getting married in Vegas in '99 and that video is very lovey dovey indeed, so I want this one to be more of a joke otherwise all my guests will be falling asleep and we don't want that as they have beer to buy me!

I have spent a few hours adding photos and changing a couple of bits and it is in the process of being uploaded now to photodex site, as soon as it is done I will post a link and would love to hear your comments again.

You have all been really helpful and I truly appreciate that, again if you have comments good or bad please let me know, seriously anything, no matter how trivial :lol:

Thank you all again so much :D

Mark.

makuk

Postby makuk » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi again

OK, all uploaded here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2608&alb=0

I uploaded in High quality audio and video so it takes a little while to buffer - sorry !

Look forward to hearing from you again :-)

Thanks

Mark.

Postby kellysgreens » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi Mark..YES! your revisions are just great! Well done! The picked up pace fits the theme and tempo of the show...just great!
K

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback