Winters Custom Car Show

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Winters Custom Car Show

Postby DANO » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Winters is a small town west of Sacramento, California. The second Tuesday evening in the summer months, a Custom Car Show is held in the historic downtown area. The quality of the cars is outstanding for a small show and it makes for a fun evening. This show 3.5 minutes and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.

Dan

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8485&alb=0

Re: Winters Custom Car Show

Postby tomdavis » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello Dan. Very nice show if you are into restored cars. My long time friend Dick Ryder, you probably know him from Towe Car Center, here in Sacramento takes me around and we look at cars now and then. Winters still has our favorite place to dine out and I am sure you know which one that is!!!!! Keep posting. Tom

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:23 am

Very nice. There's some beautiful cars in there. Your photography is excellent. Have you ever done any Topaz Adjustments? I think these would be fun to play with. Not that I would change what you have, this was very well done, just curious to see what they would look like.

Thanks for sharing,
Sue

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Tom

Great to see these colourful pristine show cars. You got cracking shots and some fine details of the engine parts.
Most interesting show.

Lavina

P.S. to Sue - I wonder what you mean by 'Topaz Adjustments' :?
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:09 am

Hi Lavina, here is the link to the Topaz site. I have had it a few months and it is really fun to play with.

http://www.topazlabs.com/adjust/

Not crazy about people shots, but love the colots it brings out in other things.
(You can always erase back or mask the people)

Sue

Postby DANO » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

Than you all for the nice comments on this show.
Tom - I've not been to the Towe museum but should do that in the near future. The place to dine that you refered to is one of the sponsors of the event, and they offer some great specials during the shows.
Sue - I have another car show that I have been playing arround with Topaz adjust, but I havent finished it yet. Topaz is a lot of fun and creats some really cool effects, when it's finished, I'll share it. This show, I used Topaz's new Detail program to sharpen and slightly highlight the details, works great.
Lavina - The Topaz programs creat special effects and are a lot of fun to play arround with, and they offer a free trial period, so you can use them extensively before buying.

Thanks again, Dan

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Dan, I have heard the the new detail program was excellent. Now I can see for myself. Fantastic! I am looking forward to seeing your other show too.

Thanks for sharing,
Sue

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Sue - & Dan

I went into your link and found there is a trial period. Certainly looks most interesting, I must say; but am going to choose the time when I'll can spare it to make full use of the trial before I decide :!: :!: I may be a died-in-the-wool Photoshop addict but I won't be averse to trying out some new effects :D

Again, thank you both.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

tess105

Postby tess105 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi! I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I loved your car show- really fun! I felt like I was there strolling around. :D

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:29 am

Dan,
There are several of us "Car Crazies" here on the forum. Great job. I love these items of mechanical art, and did a car show video last year.

There is always bit of nostalgia for me since I lived through the prime era of automobile culture in the 50's and 60's.
Cars were not as good as today, but they were certainly more interesting.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby DANO » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Thanks Tess and Jerry,

Tess - Strolling arround a town like Winters adds a lot of class to a car show. Because it's where I live, makes it outstanding!

Jerry - Sounds like we grew up arround the same time, when a lot of us were "Car Crazy". I was lucky enough at 19 to buy a new 64 GTO, and had some nice cars after that. The cars of today are a lot more sophisticated and that's what I drive now, but to have driven the cars of the 50's and 60's was really a thrill (and many, many stories to go with it). My "Car Craziness" is fulfilled now by photographing an occasional car show and doing a slideshow of it. I'll have another one soon.

Dan

Postby Astra » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Dan,
great cars to look at and great photos you've took of them,
thanks for sharing,

Alexandra

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback