New Arrival

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Marilyn

New Arrival

Postby Marilyn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 am

Hi,

I've posted my very first attempt at a show - hesitantly. With the thoughts of my 4-H youth group and my website - it has a lot of captions in it. Working my way through it, I didn't realize how to use layers. There is so much to learn! I can see things I wanted to do with a certain slide but didn't know how. I will appreciate all your comments!
The subject is the birth of a llama - hope it isn't too graphic for some! It's about 8 min. long.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8939&alb=0
Marilyn

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: New Arrival

Postby climax » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:19 am

Hi Marilyn !
First of all, welcome to the group !
I loved your show. It was very very well done, and what an interesting and different theme ! It was educational, fun, and I even got a bit emotioned about it... And I was thinking to myself... How nature is so perfect ... that protection to the toes so it won't hurt the birth canal is really genoius, isn't it.
I think you're very creative, and you presented all those informations in such a nice way. It would be very easy to become too cientific, or become grotesc. But the way you did it was absolutely perfect, in my opinion.
I have always been a "city girl" and never had the opportunity to see something like that. So I thank you for sharing this great show! :D
Cristina
Cristina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:18 am

Hi Marilyn,
Welcome from me too! I really enjoyed your show - an event I witnessed multiple times daily for 15 years except my mums were of the human kind. Makes one wonder why we humans need so much intervention when the animals cope so well without our help.

Rosemary

Postby Anna J » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Marilyn,
I loved your show. It was both interesting and educational. And very well presented. Please post more as you make them for the 4-H group.
Anna
Anna

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:21 am

Great show Marilyn!

I thought a few of the slides in the beginning of the show panned entirely too fast. The picture that sticks in my mind is the foggy farm scene and/or possibly the one after. Also, I have a problem with some wording that was used repeatedly. "An" before the word afterbirth does not sound natural to me. I wouldn't say, "I just delivered an afterbirth," but I would say, "I delivered the afterbirth."

Our family attends the 4-H fair every year, so we've witnessed the birth of quite a few animals. It amazes me to this day. The girls and boys involved in the 4-H are some of the most dedicated individuals I've ever known.

What is the difference between a llama and an alpaca? Is it the hair?

Once again, great show and welcome to the forum.

Kathy

Marilyn

Postby Marilyn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:19 am

Thanks so much for all your comments! I see what Kathy means about using "an" rather than "the". Have to give that some thought.
Alpacas are in the same general family as llamas, but are a different species. Alpacas are smaller in size, have more angulation to their rear quarters resulting in a rounded rear end, have short pointed ears, shorter nose, shorter neck, and dense poofy fiber. Their herd personality is more like sheep. Llamas are generally tall, have a long neck, long hooked "banana style" ears, straight backs, and longer fiber. They have a regal look about them and take to people and training more quickly. They are a good pack animal. Both alpaca and llama fiber is fine, soft, and elegant without the "pick" factor. It's wonderful to work with and you can wear it next to the skin.

As for 4-H, I have worked with the 4-H llama club for 18 years now. And without having my own kids in it. Finally have a grandaughter in it! We currently have 70 youth, from 8 to 19 years of age, that meet at our farm on a weekly basis. Although I've always been a "city girl" too, I've found what great programs 4-H has to offer youth today. It's no longer all cows, pigs, and corn .... there's something for everyone! It's most likely the best kept secret in your county - but definitely worth looking into.

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 am

Marilyn, that was really nicely done! Your captions stayed long enough for everyone to read which is what I struggle with sometimes. I really like the motion you used, it wasn't over done, but had enough movement to keep my eyes interested.

I loved how the nails were covered, that was really cool.

Thanks for sharing and teaching me a thing or two today!

Sue

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Marilyn,

Well, this was just a perfect show. I learned so much!! What a fun way to educate. Just great!

Thank you for posting.
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback