Dreams of Victory

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Dreams of Victory

Postby climax » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 am

Hello everybody,
I'm posting today a show made with the pictures taken at the Figure Skating European Championship. It happened in January here in Helsinki.
Unfortunately, the pictures are not so good as they should be, because I was seated very far away from the ice field and my subjects were moving a lot, of course :lol: Very bad conditions for a beginner like me.
The way Al presented the pictures in his show "Champions in the Making" inspired me to finally make a show for these skating pictures.
Again I had problems with my menu...
Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Cristina
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=153540
Cristina

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Re: Dreams of Victory

Postby alcain » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:35 am

Cristina... You are very wrong about one thing - the quality of the photographs. Most of them were amazing. In sports photography, movement, motion and camera blur are indeed acceptable due to the nature of the subject being photographed. Without some blur - there would be no feeling of motion, hard work, or action. If these photographs were spot on crystal clear - I believe the show would look un-natural. I thing your sports photography skills are amazing.

Now, on to the nit picks...
I did not care for the images of the stadium monitor close up and full screen. Those did look like poor photography. What would look like great photography would be to back off of the zoom a bit and show the monitor images, but let the audience see the stadium and monitor. Let us know that it is a monitor image by showing the wires, cables and frame of the monitor.

The ending was abrupt and sudden - I did like that a lot, but in that black space in the final slide, maybe you could have inserted a word summarizing the event... I'm not sure which word - maybe other forum members can think of suggestions.

These are my only picks... one last thing - the timing was perfectly executed and the cross-fade using white near the end - sheer genius.

Blessings, my Brazilian Friend, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am

Thank you Al for watching!
I agree with everything you said. I had many doubts about putting the monitor pics. or not... but I thought tey had such a nice expression in their faces in those pics... But I will take your advice and zoom out, and make it clear it is the monitor. It was so frustrating to be so far away from the ice field. (I was in the last row). I wanted to have at least one close up pic ...
I also thought about writing something in the end. But I kind of liked that sudden ending... it's very different isn'it ?!
I thought many times about writing something like "winning or loosing, they are all champions in life". But them I thought it was a bit cliche :lol:
I'll wait for sugestions from you guys...
Thank you, my friend for your wonderful feedback!
Cristina
Cristina

Postby cec_mar2008 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:51 pm

I loved it! The entire show, the music, the timing and the pictures are beatiful. Cecilia

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:40 pm

10 out of 10 for your photography - you caught some really super shots and some lovely "poses" caught at the precise moment. Liked your music track, thought it most appropriate. I felt a real sense of the speed of the skaters in parts of your show, exciting. Only a couple of thoughts - wasn't too keen on the monitor close-ups and thought the ending was a little too abrupt. Aside from those, very well done.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Postby Lina » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:11 am

Hi Climax,
I really enjoyed watching your show and I always do for most of your shows; for some reasons, they are always full of emotions; you must be a very sensitive person.
For this particular one, I agree with the precedent posts, your photographs are beautiful, you have a way of taking the pictures at always the best time. Choice of music is perfect and perfectly suits this theme.
One word, keep posting your shows are beautiful.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:38 am

Cecilia, Lavina and Lina,
Thank you all so much for watching, and for taking the time to write, and let me know what are your thoughts.
I'm very glad that you liked my photography. I honestly was not expecting for that...
Yes Lina, I am indeed a very sensitive person, and what I like the most about photographing people is to be able to capture precious moments in their lives. That's why I was so frustrated seating at the last row of the audience :(
I wanted so badly to get some close up shots, and that's why I got tempted to use the ugly pics from the monitor.
Thank you girls once more for the feedback. I appreciated it a lot.
Cristina
Cristina

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 am

I would love to be able to view your show, but whenever I click on play my computer freezes and I have to reboot, that is with any photodex show. I contacted them, it still isnt working.

I'm sure it's a great show though

Kojaysnana

I

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:21 am

Hi Kojaysnana,
What a pitty ! I don't want you to be curious. If you want, I can send the execuctable file to you using www.mailbigfile.com.
If you're interested please send me a personal message.
Cristina
Cristina

Postby Mokummer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi Christina.

Well what can I say, another excellent slide show. :D

With some of the points alcain mentioned I agree but like he said it’s only nit picking.

Unless you are an experienced sports photographer you may get better results.
Under the conditions you have been shooting all I can say is keep at it girl!!

This presentation brought back to me the champion ships with Torvil & Dean.

Well done. :D

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Thank you Mokummer !
I'm very pleased you liked my show.
And yes... I'll keep on going... I just love photography!
Cristina
Cristina

Postby alcain » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:19 am

I would love to be able to view your show, but whenever I click on play my computer freezes and I have to reboot, that is with any photodex show. I contacted them, it still isnt working.
I'm sure it's a great show though
Kojaysnana

Kojaysnana, do you happen to be using an "emachines" computer , are you? Or, do you have less than 1gb of RAM?
My wife has an emachines that has always refused to play any px shows. Her machine freezes up every time. This is why I upload a copy of some of my shows to YouTube - she can view these with no problems. Plus, these shows get watched by millions of other viewers as well.

Cristina, give the YouTube upload a try, it is easy and done right from the Proshow interface.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:27 am

Hi Al,
I tried to upload shows to Youtube many many times, but it never worked. It starts uploading, and everything seems to be fine but then, after a while, comes a message that it wasn't successfull. I really don't know why...
If anyone could suggest me something, it would be great...
Cristina
Cristina

Postby alcain » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:50 am

Hi Al,
I tried to upload shows to Youtube many many times, but it never worked. It starts uploading, and everything seems to be fine but then, after a while, comes a message that it wasn't successfull. I really don't know why...
If anyone could suggest me something, it would be great...

I get that often times as well. What always works for me is to save your show, close Proshow. Re-open Proshow, load your show, and do a clean upload to YouTube. For some reason, YouTube does not like it when anything else has been accessing Proshow. Give it a try.

Huggs, ~al

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks Al,
In fact I never tried what you just suggested... I hope it will work for me too !
Cristina
Cristina

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback