FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS Then and Now

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
breh888

FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS Then and Now

Postby breh888 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 am

These are photos of friends and neighbors, both recent and as they appeared a few years back.

Comments are welcome.

Show is about seven minutes long.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3127075&alb=0

Enjoy,

Herb

Esteemed Member

Re: FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS Then and Now

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Herb,

What a great idea. I bet you all have had so much fun watching that. I think they've all aged really nicely!

Thanks for sharing,
Sue

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:04 am

Herb, the entire show fascinated me, seeing what the years have done to people. Oddly, I hate seeing what those same years have done to me, but for a long time, I've preferred the faces of older people because of the character written into their faces. Which, really, is a more interesting face? The one that's smooth and without any experience or the one that's a bit rough and wrinkled with a full life?

Somewhere in the middle of the show was the photo of a woman who looked like a starlet or beauty queen, and I suddenly wished you'd told just little nuggets of information about each person.

Very enjoyable.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Anna J » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:54 am

Barbara, I noticed that startlet too. I don't think they had the "glamour shots" studios back then where we ordinary souls could have the movie star pictures taken, so perhaps she was a real starlet. I too was fascinated by the whole show. Several things struck me. One, he has a lot of friends and/or neighbors. Two, which one was Herb? Oddly when I look back at my wedding picture from 40 years ago, I think I still look like the girl in the picture. My medications keep me in check most of the time but I still have the occasional delusional moment. I thought the after pictures that were missing a partner were sort of bittersweet...and you wonder, is the other person not pictured because of death, divorce, or was he just out playing golf that day. It was interesting too that some of the people were more attractive in old age. I agree with you that some dates would have added to the show. One thing I liked a lot about this show was that Herb did not define the people as parents or grandparents by including pictures of them with their children/grandchildren. It's nice he gave them center stage. I'm sure the friends and neighbors all loved it.
Thanks Herb.
Anna
Anna

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:57 am

Hi Herb,
What a nice show you made! I really enjoyed watching it. I agree with Barbara and Anna about the dates. It would add a lot to the show. But anyway, the show is already very precious.
Thank you for sharing it,
Cristina
Cristina

Postby AMD » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 am

Herb,

What a nice show! I thoroughly enjoyed it though I was saddened to see, for whatever reason, the couples who are singles now.

I did a similar show of images of just my husband and me through the years and gave it to him for Christmas two years ago. He loved it! It was done with another slide show program, but just maybe I will redo it in Producer after seeing yours!

Thanks for posting.

Ann

Postby LouLou » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:47 am

Hello Herb. My thoughts on your show are pretty much the same as Anna's and Barbara's. The single photos also got me wondering about their lives too. The one thing I would have liked though, would be a different background song.... maybe "Through the Years" or The best is yet to come" or something along those lines... Although I enjoyed your show very much... I'm not sure I would be so willing to submit "my" before and afters as these people did .LOL .... Loulou
Enjoy life! This is not a dress rehearsal!

Postby tomdavis » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:24 pm

I liked the show and agree with the above comments. Must say there are numerous ways to present this show and when it comes right down to it....... if the people in this show liked it you have done well.

Tom

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:01 am

What a great idea to show off your friends in this way, I'm sure they would enjoy seeing their 'before and later'. I have to agree a few snippets about some of them would have been nice for us who have no clue who the participants in your show are!

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback