My Memorial Tribute-I posted the link

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

My Memorial Tribute-I posted the link

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi Everybody,

I uploaded the show that I use as a demo when I am soliciting work from Funeral Homes, I've gotten two using this show. This is my daughter-in-laws mother. It is on You Tube, I have a new account there and my user name is kojaysnana, please view and give me your feedback. This is the first time I've ever placed anything on the web and I am nervous, so I won't leave it there long, but I value you guys opinion and would love the get your thoughts.

PS I do have her permission to use it for my demo and to place here. It's just so personal is the reason that I'm nervous. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/kojaysnana

Thanks
Karen
Last edited by kojaysnana on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: My Memorial Tribute

Postby becky_calif » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:18 am

I searched and couldn't locate your video. Could you send us a site location. I would love to watch what you created.
Becky

Postby kojaysnana » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi Becky,

I am so sorry. I know nothing about these things. The way I found it was- youtube.com/kojaysnana-
took me straight to it. This a show that I've been using when I interview with FH, I've upgraded it with some of the new styles. I hope you like it. Everybody, please view and give me honest feedback. I can take it!!!

Kojaysnana

Postby kojaysnana » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Just saw the subject before mine. Uploading and giving links is something new to me. I'll fiqure it out for next time. The show is a little over 6 minutes long.

Thanks

Postby SherryJB » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:06 pm

I followed the YouTube link you listed in your post and found your show just fine. Next time, just put the URL right in your post, and we can get there.

Your show was touching. It's difficult to do a show with so few pictures, and I thought your choice of putting in some peaceful nature videos was good. The music and use of limited motion was good as well.

Nice job.

Sherry B.

Postby becky_calif » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

No reason to be nervous about this post, you did such a nice job. I liked the touch of your videos. I can see why you received some jobs after seeing your video.
Becky
Becky

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:41 pm

I hope you didn't take it down already? I can't find it...'

Can you post the url?
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:35 pm

I got to her show using this...
youtube.com/kojaysnana
watching it right now..playing just fine
Chrissy

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:41 pm

The first post in this thread can be edited to include your YouTube show thread URL. Use the blue "EDIT" button at the top right corner and simply copy/paste the show URL into to the post. You'll do everyone a favor if you could put it there at the top, original post.

If you bury the link further down into the thread, people may still miss it because many members don't bother taking the time to read the other posts in a thread :shock: and you may still wind up getting people asking for the show URL over and over. :?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi Kojaysnana, your show was a lovely tribute to a lovely woman's life. My one suggestion is, take out half of the movement...slide after slide had something going on, it's to busy, I wanted the photos to be still, with a lovely framing effect, just sitting there letting me enjoy the photo...you need to give your viewers eyes a rest, to much movement takes away the effect, this is just me...I like a quiet show...the music you chose is lovely, the movement you did use went slow which is a good thing, just try making a few of your slides still and see what it adds to an already wonderful show.
I did enjoy watching but also thought about what I said above
thank you for sharing...
take care, Chrissy

Postby kojaysnana » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your comments. I love the people here. Chrissy C. I understand exactly what you mean and I agree. That is why I posted it. I knew something was off and I couldnt put my finger on it. I just revamped it because I have an interview with another FH to view my demo on tomorrow. Unfornately (sp) I am tired now, (I take care of my Mom who has dementia) and I will try to take care of some of that movement in the am before my meeting.

Debngar I'm going to try and post that URL on tomorrow too. Please understand, when I say I know nothing about that kind of thing, I really mean it. So I am going to have to go my youtube account and figure that out, too tired to focus right now.

Please keep the comments coming let me know what you think.
PS- I offer two themes right now, a serenity theme and a mlitary theme, this one is serenity themed.

Kojaysnana

Re: My Memorial Tribute-I posted the link

Postby PhotoMill » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:21 am

kojaysnana,

Trust me when I say that there is not a single reason to be nervous within the walls of this forum !!

I especially liked the nature video interludes that you inserted. It allowed for some reflection of the photos that the viewers had just seen and then on to the next round of photos. Nice touch.

I must also add here that in a life memorial, the less movement, the better. A very subtle zoom is fine and a moderate fade-in, fade-out for each picture is best for this type of show. I guess the one area that I would change first is the spinning photo against the gold background. I (personally) would never use spinning photos in a memorial but again, that is my take.

The music was perfect for the type of show and overall, I can see why you are capturing business with your efforts. Unfortunately, YouTube does not do justice to a show when in "full screen" at all. Quality in that mode is very poor so I would be burning a DVD for the funeral home to play and for Internet viewing, I would be linking the show to my either a site like SmugMug or from the Photodex site. (although the latter might be risky for your business).

Very nice.
...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby kojaysnana » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:09 am

Thank you so much photomill. I agree with you about the spinning photo, don't know what I was thinking. You and ChrissyC both gave me good advice about the movement and I have corrected that. Not on the presentation on youtube, but on my demo dvd. I posted that presentation for you all, I meet with the funeral homes personally to let them view my work. I did get the funeral home's business that I met with on Fri. So now I have three, and I will probaly stop right there for a minute.

I will keep Smugmug in mind for future use. Again thank you for your comment.

Kojaysnana

Postby AMD » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:28 am

Karen,

I thought you had a very sweet show that should bring comfort to friends and relatives of the deceased.

I thought your choice of music was excellent as was the pace of your show. There are a couple of things that I might add. In the oval png at the beginning and the end, you might use your photo editor and clean up a few stray pixels that are left against the transparent background. It isn't as noticeable in the image at the beginning where it is small as it is at the end in the larger graphic. Also, personally, I think a few soft backgrounds rather than the stark black would be nicer--just my opinion.

Again, nice show; thanks for posting.

Ann

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:28 am

I can only repeat the items already mentioned. But wanted to let you know that I too, just loved the nature video touches. Extremely appropriate. Nice touch.

It is interesting that you have had appointments with some funeral and received business by doing so. It has been discussed here in the Business Applications that funeral homes are so hard to break into with many of them being corporate owned and if they provide slideshows it is a cookie cutter type event that they can purchase rather cheaply from some mass marketing type of place.

Personally, I haven't the time to be available at a moments notice to be able to put a show together.

But I think many would be interested to know the details on yours, such as how you went about approaching them? And were they a hard sale?

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it.

Best Regards
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback