My Memorial Tribute-I posted the link

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: My Memorial Tribute-I posted the link

Postby kojaysnana » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Thank you Ann and Patricia C. Ann I noticed that too about cleaning up the pixels, I use paint.net and am not very good with it, I will go back and clean it up more.

Patricia C., I live in NC in a pretty good sized area. The first funeral home I got was right in my area, 5min. from my house, my husband had been at their place of business and noticed they didn't have a memorial tribute for the family, he asked them if they offered the service and would they like to.He gave them my card. The FH told me they had offered in the past but the lady they used was not reliable so that was my opportunity and I jumped on it. The next two FH I just recently received. Actually one on Fri 9/3/09.

Recently, I sent out fliers to all the FH in my area, I know that most of them are using a lady in this area, I know what she charges and I've seen her work. It's nothing like mine. I under cut her 25.00 and received two responses. They both want to hire me. I've been offering this service for a year, having doors shut in my face. One man actually told me he liked mine better than hers but he had to remain loyal. I got my first FH in April-09, the next one about 2 weeks ago and this last one very recently.
It's not been easy, I was very intimidated and very hurt to be told that mine was better but he will stick with her. I have a passion for this because I had to have a memorial dvd done recently myself (lost my brother in 3-09) and I know that I will treasure the one I have forever. When I do one for a family that is what I am thinking about. I don't know her, just heard about her from every FH I approached. She is not a large company but she is making a killing in this large area that I live in. Shoot, I was even told maybe I should go and work with her, but why should I, I think my product is better than hers. In this area, either she does the Mem. dvd's or the FH has someone on staff that can do it, or they don't offer it, that's where I am juming in.

Another thing is I was only approaching my race of people, no particular reason, it just never hit me to approach any other. But when I did is when doors came open for me. I have 3 FH now and I create them for the media dept. at my church. We are live on the internet and during offering time they will put up one of my presentations. Nature scenes mostly. I also have done a anniversary dvd and a wedding and am waiting on the photographer to send wedding photos back to one lady so that I can put one together for her. This must be my season, because doors are opening for me now, I have put in my time of knocking and I wouldn't give up and I still will not give up.

This is my passion, my gift from God, I can only get better, especially if I can have someone like you and all the members here to critique me and give me points. :lol: :D

That's why I love you all and this forum.

Kojaysnana

Edited to add: I did post in business applications as suggested. The part where I stated that I was only approaching my race of people has been question, "What does that mean"

If I have used the wrong terminology, please forgive me. That comment was not to make any issue about race. I am african american and I was only approaching african american Funeral Homes. As I said when I stepped outside of the box is when doors opened up to me. That is all that it mean.

I hope I haven't offended any one.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:46 am

Karen. I make these shows here in Va Beach regularly. The funeral homes I deal with do have the "cookie cutter" guys that make an included slide show with the viewing service price. But what I offer is more, much more. Mine is a premium service that is offered, which takes the ordinary slide show to the level of "masterpiece". The client has unlimited input and participation. I cannot post any examples of these shows, due to privacy issues. But at the bottom of this post, I will add a link to a show I did for my mother when she died.

Here is my take on your slide show... The music was good, the pace OK, the images just fine. But what I really missed was the "personal touches" that separates the good shows from the masterpieces... All I saw were images set to music with some nature videos added for effect.

I NEVER GOT TO KNOW the lady who died. I just saw images of someone who has passed away. Please Karen, take your shows to the next level. Make us love her, let us know who she was, and how important she was to so many people. Bring us into her life with text, poems, words from children and relatives. Use slow cross fades and slow zooms into her very soul. I know you can do it.

Here is an example I am able to share with you: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2162&alb=0

I am not bashing this show at all - I am just asking you to push for excellence. Make the viewer cry. Make the viewer laugh. Make a show that when it is done, all the viewer can do is bask in her memories...

With much love and I am here to support you in any way I can... ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby kojaysnana » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:09 am

Hi Alcain,

Thank you for your input. I would love to see your show, but for some reason, I cannot view shows on photodex, when I click the play button, my computer freezes everytime, it says that it is buffering and the time remaining will be like 30 or 40 minutes and sometimes rising. Please is there any other way that I can view your show.

I understand what you are saying. I put into the show anything the family request. Also that was a demo that I used, what I present to the FH's, that lady died in 2004 before I ever met her, she is my daughter-in-laws mother and she agreed to let me use her photos to present. I have never spoke with a client, I always deal with the FD, the one time I dealt with a client was a member from my church that used a FH that didn't offer the tribute dvd's. When he came to my home to view and p/u he cried and told me it was a lovely touching tribute to his father. I was able to do that because I spoke with him directly about his father. I really do understand exactly what you are saying. As I said for many reasons, this is my passion and I want to give the family something they can treasure for a lifetime, so I would love to see your show.

At our chuch, we are always being taught to push for excellence so any tips and assistance you give to me, I would truly be appreciatve (sp)

Thank you so much for your comment

kojaysnana

Postby kojaysnana » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:58 am

Ok Alcain,

I used my husbands laptop and was able to view the show. Very nice- did give me a few ideas for future shows, I like stepping out of the box and like I said with help from this forum I can only get better, Right?

Thanks again

Kojaysnana

Valued Member

Postby visimp » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:24 am

I watched this one with interest and a critical, learning mind set. A friend has been to two funerals lately with slide shows, which she liked. She wants a show of her mom ready ahead of time, not last minute. So my concern is how to make a show mom and her kids can enjoy now and then quickly make it a memorial.

You gave me the answer, when the time comes change the music and use nature video at the beginning, end and to balance the timing in between.

My critiques. I liked the use of video as transisitons but not two in a row. I am glad you reduced the movement. Sometimes you need to see the setting in s photo but I like to see faces so I liked how you panned or zoomed carefully on some of the pictures. My favorite slide was at 4:15. Your zoom made that big smile pop. I liked the proverb used at the end.

Thanks for sharing
Lynn

Postby kojaysnana » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:49 am

Thank you Visimp,

Glad you got some ideas. As I said I am taking all your comments to try and build a better show.

The video clips I use are old, and I have found new ones that I would like to use, I'll keep in mind about using one and not two.

Thanks again for view and posting

kojaysnana

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback