MORNING Version 4.2 (Feedback please)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
breh888

MORNING Version 4.2 (Feedback please)

Postby breh888 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Based on the many thoughtful comments and suggestions I received on my show, comments that are still listed below, I've tried to quicken the pace. I also changed the music and show title, and in the process, I added further enhancements. Some commentators suggested a far faster pace yet, but I held back on speeding things up too much since I was aiming to evoke a feeling of tranquility with this slideshow that seemed to dissipate as the show quickened.

The show's still photos were taken in June 2009 during a trip to New England.

The show lasts about three minutes.

Your comments and suggestions would be more than welcome, as always are greatly appreciated since they are so, so helpful.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3128665&alb=0

Enjoy.

Herb
Last edited by breh888 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: BUOYS

Postby pd » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi Herb,

The photo lends itself well to this treatment.
IMHO, 2 minutes is far too long. I would make the colours appear to the tempo of the music.

pd
regards.
pd

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: BUOYS

Postby climax » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:38 am

Hi Herb,
I think you got a great idea, and the picture is just perfect for that. But I think your show is a bit too slow for simple transictions BW to colours. Maybe you could add some movement... zoom in some parts, pan, etc. Usually I don't like too much movements in a show, but in this case, one pic show, I think it would make it more dynamic. Another option would be, like pd just suggested, make the show shorter, or the transictions faster and more elaborated.
Best regards,
Cristina
Cristina

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Re: LOBSTER BUOYS (Enhanced Version 3.0)

Postby alcain » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Herb, you have something here that could really be a wow show IMHO. Here is how I would address the missing "wow" factor...

Begin with the B/W photo and (to the beat of the music), carefully have the different buoys turn color (like keys on a piano). On the pause sections of the music, then fade all to a colored version. The effect would be buoys turning colors randomly (but to the music) all over the screen. This would make a really cute and lively presentation.

Just my four cents worth...

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby heckydog » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I like your concept too. You've got the makings of a top-notch show. And it's a great photo to work with.

Everyone's thoughts are worth considering. imho, I would use only cuts between the changes from b&w to color. No dissolves at all. Some of the changes are so subtle that the eye isn't drawn to them. Using cuts could make them pop out at the viewer. Cristina was hinting at that in her comments. :wink:

Al's analogy to keys on a piano is spot on. But piano keys get struck, they don't transition slowly from the up to the down position.

I think it could easily go for 2 minutes or more. It depends on how complex and varied you're able to make the different patterns of colors.

that was about 3¢ worth maybe :)

Joe

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:20 am

that was about 3¢ worth maybe :)

Joe, that was actually 6 cents worth of information!

~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby bigsewed » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 am

Much much better!
But...
The music and the actions(color changes) still seems out of sync to me...
The changes are not quick enough to give the eye a wow factor...
I would consider a music change too maybe...
The concept remains very solid...The execution is just not quite there...
With one photo for two minutes there needs to be some excitement to hold the viewers interest...
Again, overall much improved...
Wes

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: MORNING Version 4.0 (Comments welcomed)

Postby climax » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi Herb,
you did a great job. I really liked the changes you made. Perfect song, nice transitions and effects.
That second slide of yours is abolutely beautiful. Maybe at the end you should use it again instead of the bird twice...
Well done!
Cristina
Cristina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: MORNING Version 4.0 (Comments welcomed)

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:21 am

I didn't watch version 1. Your new version perhaps was an improvement but I'm sorry it doesn't have the wow factor for me. Well enough executed, but in my opinion there needs to be a bit of 'excitement' going on to hold the viewers attention.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

srun

Re: MORNING Version 4.1 (Comments please)

Postby srun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm

After viewing this slideshow, I feel I need to disagree with Lavina's assessment. While the show might not be a WOW!, it doesn't seem to be aiming towards one. It's more like a poem than a rock performance. It has a lyrical quality, a subtle tranquility that doesn't immediately hit you in the face, but becomes apparent as you watch. The music and photos work perfectly together. I think it's delightful to watch and definitely a "lower case wow!"

Mary

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback