People of Finland

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: People of Finland

Postby Lina » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:14 am

climax wrote:Hi Lina !
Thank you so much for watching both my shows!
Wow... I'm having trouble with this ending... I'll try something else.
I'm very happy because this morning at school, my finnish teacher asked me to present the slideshow for the whole school ! :D :oops: He got very impressed with it.
Good for you!
I
love to photograph people in the streets. But of course I know it can be problematic.
I try to be invisible but sometimes it's not possible.
Yes, Usually, they are the best pictures

I have researched the law in this photographic area, and what I got is that, in Finland and in most of the countries, to take pictures of people without their permission in public spaces is completely legal. It would be against the law to take pictures in places where people expect privacy (for example public toilets). It's also forbidden to take pictures inside shopping malls, restaurants, etc, without permission of the owner of the place. (And now thinking about it I realize if taking pics without permission would be forbidden, all the paparazzi in the world would be in jail :shock: )

You're right, in public places, I do believe they can't do anything about that. Keep posting and thank you for sharing
Lina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:58 am

Christina

You have a very interesting selection of photos in the 'people' theme. I do like taking candids myself, but have often found when some people realise they are being photographed they generally try to 'pose', not what we want! - It pays to be quick on the shutter button!

Only problem I have (in both versions) is the abrupt ending. Would be nice to have some credits, or something, to nicely round off your show.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:08 am

Thank you Lavina for watching and telling me your opinion. I thought the text I wrote in the end (in the finnish version) would be enough to give it a better ending. But I guess not... :lol:
I'll try to improve it, beacuse on friday I'll present this slideshow to the whole finnish school.
Thanks once more,
Cristina
Cristina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:48 am

Christina

Ooooops :oops: Many apologies :oops: I must have clicked on wrong link second time - did wonder that I couldn't see any difference. Now I HAVE watched your Finnish version. And yes, it IS much improved and your ending is just fine. I'm sure it will be very much enjoyed on the show night.

Lavina :oops: :oops: :!:
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Postby trulytango » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Christina

Beautifully timed to the music - a very well presented show :D Great photographs too - I like the two people caught mid-air at around 2 minutes in!

Regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:44 am

Thank you Iris !! I'm glad you liked it.
And I'm also glad that you watched the version in finnish because I think it is the best one.
I loooove that picture too. And when I got that shot (I was so far away) I thought to myself...Cristina, you were just blessed by the photography angels :lol:
thanks for you comment ,
Cristi
Cristina

Postby Astra » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:33 am

Hi, Cristina.

How was your presentation on Friday ?? :
climax wrote:....I'll try to improve it, beacuse on friday I'll present this slideshow to the whole finnish school.....
Cristina

Sorry, I did not get to posting my comments to your second "Finnish" show before this important date...
================================================================================================
... I've got sick with flu (which was not toooooo bad) but - thanks to the flu: my BRAIN was not working
!!!! all the usual "sharp edges", "smart alek" notions and "see-all & hear-all" - did not work ....
So I did not want to worry you about my not-fully functioning state - so I rather stayed away ...
Now it is better and I'm collecting back my wits ....

================================================================================================

So - how was your presentation going ???

Alexandra

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback