Out In The Streets

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Out In The Streets

Postby mfalco » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:43 pm

I have always wanted to make a show with photos of people in the streets. I now have most but not all of the pictures I need to do a 4 minute show. I spent sometime making the lead in and would like to have some opinions of it. I know when I make the complete show I will need help with effects and transitions, so as work on it I will post the show to get your ideas. Here is the link to the lead in.

Thanks for checking it out. :)

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4572&alb=0

Re: Out In The Streets

Postby ChrissyC » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Hiya Marty..waving to Kathy to.....hey, you have a real good start on your show Marty...really good...I love the music you chose..because the music is so lively and faced paced you need to have the slides a bit faster as well....since these are just random faces and not family loved one's faces, for me anyway lingering to long on a face makes me nervous....thats the way I describe it..like..ok..change, change, I wanted the slides to stay with the music...thats just how I feel when I watched..I love the concept, the music, and the picture box opening is soooo cute...I like how you brought in who the muisc is by and your name..nothing big and splashy, just simple..photos by Charles Falcone..so classy Marty, I cannot wait to see it when it's finished...maybe 2 seconds per slide would be good...and remember....don't make every single picture move, make sure you use lots of still photos, no movemement at all...gives the eyes a rest and after awhile to much movement gets boring.........now because I know you and your lovely wife in the real world, this is why I can jump on your back and tell you these things and you won't get mad at me :D your photos are gorgeous Marty, your a good photographer, I told you this years ago when you shared a few with me....you don't need a whole lot of fancy stuff, your photos are fancy enough....
can't wait to see it when your finished.
Eddie says Hi...he is feeling good these days :D :D
my love to Kathy..
your friend, Chrissy

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:46 am

Thanks Chrissy for your honesty. I have plenty of pictures to speed things up. As soon as I get a few more I will start to put it all together. Glad Ed is feeling better. Thanks again Chrissy.

Huggs,
Marty

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:19 am

I agree totally with Chrissy, particularly about the speed/activity of the photos. They need to be as upbeat as the music, especially in the intro.

This is a wonderful idea, and you're expected to complete it. Not allowed out of the room until you do. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 am

Hi Marty,

Fun idea! The first thing I noticed was the screen was black for 6 seconds, then your first photo shows. You can get away with that if the music matches and it's more dramitic, but I think you should change that to maybe a .5 black slide and faster transition time to more match the music. I would also check off the little T on that first slide (Shoebox Production) so that it comes and goes at the same time as the picture.

Love the font. I wonder what it would look like if you held the pictures still on one side of the screen, and maybe changed them to black and white, and let your captions fade in and out on the other side. I do think all your captions should do the same fade in and out (You have one exploding) you could have them wave too! It may match the music a bit better.

I don't know, since this is a lead in, I just think I would have it all more uniform. Try it and see if you like it, if not, and you are happy with what you have, by all means leave it! This is for you to enjoy!

I'd love to see what you come up with.
Sue

Postby debngar » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 am

I would agree that the images might present better if at least the transition and slide animation sort of match the tempo of the music because in the current example, the images are slow and music is fast. Reduce the time spent on the beginning black screen and display images more toward full screen size than something starting from a tiny size.

Since you said you're working on a 4 minute show the next thoughts may not apply in this case. But if you needed to extend image time to fit the music, instead try cutting off the beginning of the music to fit your show display time, fade into the music at the beginning and have the last slide end at the end of the music. IMO - The viewer does not remember that beginning fading in but will better remember an ending that has a strong finish at the end note of the music. That's just how I do it though and others may disagree and do things differently.

If this is just a sample then no worry. That's just a trick I use in my own shows when I need to cut down the music that is longer than my display time of images.

Making them all more fancy is as simple as occasionally applying a slide style that goes well with the image as long as it doesn't distract the viewer from the main subject. You may need to adjust the slide time a bit but they styles are often useful for jazzing up portrait images that don't cover the whole screen.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:20 am

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have been busy lately and have not had time to get the extra pictures I need to finish the show. In the meantime I have taken your suggestions and tried to improve on the lead in. Here is the link if you are interested. Much thanks for your input.

Marty

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5883&alb=0

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:41 am

Marty, a very definite improvement! I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed show.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby trulytango » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:50 am

Marty! That is such an improvement 8)

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it sometime soon.

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 am

I need some help with this show. I added some pictures, (random photos), but can't figure out how to present any pictures that I plan on using. At this time it seems awfully boring. Could you please give me some idea how to do this. I hope you know what I mean.

Marty

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6394&alb=0

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:22 am

Hi Marty !
I think you're going to create a great show. I also love photographing people. Theses shows are always very interesting.
If you're looking for new ideas to continue your show, maybe you should have a look at my show "People of Finland".
I've been living here in Helsinki for 2 years now, and I have hundreds of pics taken in the streets. I intend to make a series of shows with these pics.
And please feel free to make any comment your suggestions for my show, if you want.
I would appreciate it a lot. Here's the link:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=153540

Cristina
Cristina

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback