Helena

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Helena

Postby climax » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:33 am

Hi everybody,
Today I'm posting a show I prepared for my niece Helena.
She is a sweet 5 years old, my brother's daughter.
These pics I took in my last visit to Brasil. It was my first time there with my new EOS camera.
Helena was there in my mom's place ... playing, having fun... and I registered these moments.
Please feel free to comment my show, or give suggestions
The show takes about 5 min.
Cristina

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=153540
Cristina

Re: Helena

Postby Astra » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:06 am

Cristina,
I Loved the show - Great match: Music and Pictures - and you've got your keyframes well mastered.

You've got great eyes (for people photographs) and good ears (for music selection).
Very fitting choice of music for this subject.

Comments:
- 0:15 - sweet - sliding color picture / over black
- 0:28 - great match to music - "series of threes"- as well on: 1:24, 1:47, 1:51 (feet), 2:02)
- 2:51 - zoom and high music - well matched !!!
- 3:26 - good choice of 3x3 grid
- 3:43 - I liked you pictures "sliding from Left" very much - refreshing choice

(... and if I may -Suggestions - just tiny details, which you would probably find yourself later anyway (this is just an advantage of "fresh eyes" of person not-working-on-the project) :
- Starting Menu - could have different Background - and Caption Font could match the Font in the Show
.... and little larger, perhaps ??
- 3:59 - has a feeling of the Show Ending - probably ?? leave first "photo in 3 frames" in full ... and ..
- put words like:" Happy Birthday", "her name", "date" - and even "from" and "your name" - OVER
... dimming (transparency and darker) other tripples- till the end
- 3:01 - has another break in the music - (one would almost expect the End there) ... to bridge it - probably put there "her name" and "date pictures were taken" ???
- 2:41 - pictures in "negative film effect"- I had a feeling that 3x time it was too repetitive (1x @0:52 ...2@ 2:28) ...
.. may be : freeze the "film" background, (do not delete) and put vignetes on these moving photos.
- 2:42 - to emphesize "Singles" - maybe slight zoom (and even little rotation) - on single pictures which have longer time on screen - (1:08, 1:29, 2:42, 2:58)

Thanks for sharing - another of yours "Real People" shows well done.
Regards, Alexandra

Postby bigsewed » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:35 am

Photography was terrific...I am a big fan of the closeup shot...
Through the music and photography you captured your niece well...
One suggestion would be to use fewer pictures...Seemed to be seeing the same pictures repeated even if that was not the case...Maybe delete one of the photo strips...
Secondly, the framed picture with spotlight seemed out of place with the rest of the work...
Overall, it was excellent and you seem on your way to your goal as a professional photographer...
You have a great eye which is a huge part of the process...
Thanks for sharing...
Wes

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:51 am

Hi Alexandra and Wes !
Thanks a lot for commenting my shows !
Alexandra, about the staring menu, believe me, I do create special menus for all my shows. I always use the same font, and I'm very careful with it. But I don't know what happens when I upload the shows to photodex I loose everything I did, and that boring blue backgroung takes charge :evil: I'm going to post it as a doubt, see if anyone can help me with that.
You also complimmented my keyframing, but I have to tell that I have PSG, and therefore I don't have the possibility to work with keyframing... I wish I had. All the work of matching moviment, transitions, and lightning to the music I do by stoping the show, listening over and over again that specific piece that needs to be matched, until I get it right.
About the ending I'm not satisfied myself either. Including some text can be really nice. The only thing is that again PSG limits a lot what I can do. For example, I don't have any control of opacity or trasparency in my layers. Maybe there is a way to achieve the effect, but honestly I don't know how. I would love to work with transparencies! I think it's really cool.
About the negative film effect, I thought and thought about it. I knew it was too much, but at that moment I had not come up with any other idea for those pics.
Wes, I don't feel like deleting one of the film strip, because those pics are so precious... I love all the different and childish expresions on her face. I'll try to find another way to present those pics. And I'll take away some of the single pics. They really look the same for viwers that are not family.
And finally, about the song, I have to thank a dear friend that sends me this precious songs. He always seem to have just the perfect song for the shows.
You can not imagine how glad I feel when I hear that you guys have liked my photography, and that maybe I do have talent for this. I've been insecure for such a long time, because of my total lack of technical knowledge (I've been studying finnish like crazy, so I can start a photography course here in Helsinki).
Thank you so much for writing me these comments. They are very precious to me. :)
Cristina
Cristina

Postby kabeeo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Cristina--

As far as I am concerned, you cheated. Anybody could put together a great show with a girl that cute!

Seriously, I enjoyed the show very much. Great work. On both the photos and the show.

Kevin
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:32 pm

You are absolutely right Kevin ! She is the cutest thing, isnt' it!
Thanks for watching, and for your nice words.
Cristina
Cristina

Postby Astra » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Cristina,
it is incredible, that you can achive such great synchronization with PSG !!!
[And I feel humbled by what you can do with it.)

... If you would think you could invest some more money - get yourselft upgrade from PSG to Producer - you have great imagination and with your creativity (and patience) - this will make it worthwhile.

Also - I will look, why you are "loosing" your Menu, as I remember - I had similar problems at the beginning....

Alexandra

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Cristina... What am I going to do with you. Now you have made me watch this show... and I am absolutely speechless. As for the show - In my opinion, this show turned out EXACTLY as it should, for it's intended audience. I hate to use the word perfection, but it is the only one that fits just right. I sat mesmerized throughout the five minute show which seemed like only two quick minutes. You achieved a goal not many professional producers achieve - you left us wanting more. Your ending was flawlessly mastered.

Now, on to the photography. These images are equal to, or superior to, many I have seen taken by long time professional photographers. What you do not realize through your insecurities, is that you have already mastered the art of capturing the very soul of your subject. I can see it in her eyes, her relaxed and trusting natural poses, and in her smile. Sure, some of the images are not tack sharp - but have you seen this months COVER of Professional Photographer Magazine? The groom image in the solo portrait shot is no where near sharp. I first questioned why Professional Photographer Magazine would put a blurry image on their cover, but the shot just "works", for the same reasons I say that your photography "works". Your portrait lighting was near flawlessly achieved as well. Most semi-pro's would have popped up the on board flash and fired away. But you chose to use the natural, soft window light that all high end pros look for.

Often times, when I review a show - I give it a grade, as in high school. Most shows that are decent will get a B+ or so. Without hesitation, for all group enthusiasts to see, I would like to offer you a strong A+. This show is one I WILL REMEMBER. I remember, "The Passion Of The Christ", I remember, "Titanic", and I will remember your five minute show.

Very well done. I take a deep, long bow to your creativity, art form, and presentation.

Humbly, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby Astra » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:51 pm

To Cristina (and Al):

Al - how right you are !!!
... if You - with your years of experience could see (what was suspected from the beginning) :
that Cristina has a MAKING of a GREAT Photographer and Story-Maker ... and - she has just only started !!!
... What marvelous things she could be producing in the future !!!

Cristina, I'm so glad I was present at your beginings here. You are a great inspiration for me.

Thanks for sharing your shows,
Best regards,
Alexandra

Postby Anna J » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Cristina,
I really enjoyed your show and your beautiful photography. The music too was well chosen for a show about a 5-year old. Not too babyish and not too grown up. I second Al's A+.
Anna
Anna

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:12 am

Al,
I don't know how to thank you enough for your words, and for having such a faith in me, and in my future as a photographer. I could hardly believe my eyes while I was reading your comments. I mean... a feedback like that, even if it would come from a regular person in the street would be flattering. But these comments came from you. A high level photographer as you, bring these comments to a totally different dimension to me.
Thank you soooo much !
Thank you Alexandra and Anna as well. It's a fantastic feelling to have people watching my shows, and taking the time to give me some feedback.
I really appreciated! :D
Cristina
Cristina

Postby cestjanvier » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Cristina,

Thank's for this show.
Your niece is adorable and the photos are very beautiful. Good choice for the music.
I saw too "sports day" .Very sympathique the team.
Always sun like that in Finland ?
Best regards.
Jean-Paul

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback