A gift for a dear friend

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

A gift for a dear friend

Postby climax » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Hello everybody, :)
Today I'll post a show I made for a dear friend of mine here in Finland. One of these days she was feelling so sad, rejected, depressive...
I decided to make this presentation, and show her what a beautiful person she is, inside and out.
I'm happy because I think I was able to cheer her up a little bit with it.
Comments are always welcome,
Cristina

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=153540
Cristina

Re: A gift for a dear friend

Postby ChrissyC » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi Cristina :D
Beautiful girl, beautiful show, beautiful gift!
I enjoyed this show very very much
I'm sure she was delighted with your wonderful gift and it cheered her up.
thank you for sharing, Chrissy

Valued Member

Postby DanMac » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Cristina,

Your show was wonderful. The photography was really nice work. You captured many different moments of a beautiful girls life. Your show should cheer her up, she will see how others see her. You did a nice job of putting it all together. She is lucky to have a friend like you.

Dan
Dan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:31 am

Thank you Chrissy and Dan!
Thank you for watching and commenting one more of my shows.
I'm so glad you liked my pics, Dan... You see... for sure you noticed that I still don't know any photography technique, and don't have any other gear besides my beginner's Canon 450D, but I'm glad you saw "something" anyway in the pics.
Thanks a lot,
Cristina :D
Cristina

Postby Astra » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:56 am

Cristina,

what a sweet and tender show you've made !!!

Hope it will cheer you friend up - presentations, which are made for a particular person in mind - have deeper feelings - and in your show it is clearly visible. Well done !!
You've got talent (and eye) for catching the photographs like this - real life / real moments / real feelings.

Thank you for sharing,
Alexandra

P.S.
And if I may - small technical improvement for the Menu:
... (when creating Output) - "Menu" - tab "Options" - "Captions"
1. you can Hide (uncheck) or Erase unwanted text ("Loop All")
2. and Name of you friend - could be in larger Font.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:12 am

Cristina,
What a moral booster your show is for your friend especially when she is feeling sad. You have given her a lovely gift. I agree with the others about your photography - beautiful capture of a beautiful girl with a crowd-stopping smile! Hope she feels better soon.

Thank you for sharing,

Rosemary

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:32 am

Thank you Alexandra and Rosemary for your comments ! :D
I'm glad you girls could feel the emotion on the show. The song really talks straight to the heart, don't you think so?
I always erase "play all" and "untitled show" out of my shows, but somehow I think the "loop all" is an interesting function for the show. I never thought about removing it... but maybe I'm missing something here. Alexandra, why don't you like the "loop all" ?
I feel very happy about the complimments to my (for now still amateur) photography. This forum has been the first time someone tell me that.
Actually those pictures belong originally to another show I made for all my coleagues at finnish school. If you have a look at the show called "urheilupäivä" (sports day in english), you'll see some of the same pictures, but in a totally different context. When I saw her so sad, I had the idea of using the same pictures, isolating her image from the rest and, by doing that, show her how special she is.
The best thing was the smile I got from her when she thanked me for the show.
Thanks you both,
Cristina
Cristina

Postby Astra » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 am

climax wrote: ..... I always erase "play all" and "untitled show" out of my shows, but somehow I think the "loop all" is an interesting function for the show. I never thought about removing it... but maybe I'm missing something here. Alexandra, why don't you like the "loop all" ? Cristina

Cristina,
this was an interesting question ... I will try to elaborate:

Please, take this as my own opinion, (feeling or thoughts) :
1. A show created for single presentation - (like movie) - has strong Beginning, playfull Middle and strong closing End. In my opinion (and I'm not dismissing anybody else's): - a "Loop" option will start (as a new replay) just after ending, so it is diluting this sense of closure and slow lingering "echo" reflecting the mood of the show...
2. "Loop" is great for constant playing in the Exhibitions - but then whole show should be structured little different way - longer pause between the End & Beginning.
3. In the "Menu" itself - it is little confusing to see "Loop All" - one is expecting to see more shows then one...

Thanks for such a good question, it was good excercise for me to do some "heavy thinking"..

Alexandra

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:56 am

Hi Alexandra!
You know what?! You do have a very, very good point there! Never had thought about that. From now on I'll remove the "loop all", or make a longer pause between end and beginning.
Thank you so much !
Cristina
Cristina

Postby Astra » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:00 am

Cristina,
thanks for the answer, glad I was able to help.
Alexandra

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback