Please comment my own wedding show

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Please comment my own wedding show

Postby climax » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:45 am

Hi everybody! I'm new in this group although I've been playing with PSG since 2006.
Recently I got married in Brazil and now I prepared this show. The pictures and the people in the show are so dear to me, that I simply can't judge it objectively... I really don't know if it's good or not... :roll: for sure I would like to make a great show so I can share it with my family and friends. I would really appreciate comments, and suggestions of how to make it better...
I'm very impressed with all the talent I have seen here and would feel honored with your analisys.
Thanks a lot,
Climax

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalb ... alb=153540
Cristina

Re: Please comment my own wedding show

Postby becky_calif » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:03 am

Lovely music, beautiful photos, very nicely done. I enjoyed watching your show so no doubt your loved ones will really love it.
Becky
Becky

Postby heckydog » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:09 am

I give it two thumbs up!

I thought the photography was excellent, the show was put together well. I liked the upbeat music, it seemed very appropriate. A good mix of dissolve transitions vs fancy styles transitions. It wasn't overdone and I like that because it lets the pictures tell the story.

My only other comment would be that some of the pictures went by pretty fast. But I did notice that in some of those sequences the pictures were like freeze frames of the action taking place. If that was the intent, then you succeeded very well.

Welcome to the forum :)

Joe

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:24 am

Thank you so much, Becky and Joe !
Cristina
Cristina

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:54 am

Cristina. Thank you for the nice PM. Thank you for your confidence in my review and critique process. I sat back to watch your show, after taking three "mean pills" (just to make my review as harsh and critical as I could), but to my delight and wonderment - the show was technically very, very well done. The music was perfect for the upbeat pace you wanted to achieve. The photography was breath taking. I am quite sure you paid a premium price for these images. But you got what you paid for - a high quality product. Now just to re-assure you that I am not just being nice, I could have PM'd you with a very elaborate critique pointing out all the flaws that I could find. But I only have two very minor comments... There are three instances where you place two portrait images side by side on screen - I do this a lot and it is a very good technique - check the positioning and sizes carefully on both images, they need to be exactly the same size and both spaced as evenly top to bottom as you can. Also, the black bars on either side of the screen soon became annoying (where the image doesn't fill the screen left to right) - try finding a beautiful but simple background paper to have behind these images instead of the default black background. I can send you some if you need an example. Other than that I only have one additional comment - you are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous! But you seem to be as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. It was an honor to watch your wedding.

Blessings always, Al

ps: I also watched "Um Dia de Verão" amd fell in love with the opening soundtrack. Can you tell me what it is? I enjoyed that show very much, also.
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby ChrissyC » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 am

Hello Cristina, love your name by the way...grin I spell mine Christina :D
Your wedding was just amazing, the photos were gorgeous and the way you put together your show was perfect. I loved the photo of all the cherries! what a splash of color. Your dress was lovely and you made such a pretty bride. Music went well with the show. Your instinct that your show was good is right on, it's beautiful and you should be very proud of your work!! ver very nice, I enjoyed it. I do so love watching weddings and this being YOUR own wedding was just so special to watch.
Thank you for sharing your special special day :D You have a very handsome husband! Your smile lit up your whole face :)

huggggs, Chrissy

sameoldsam

Postby sameoldsam » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:33 am

I loved it too! It must have been so awesome working on your own wedding. I bet it was such an emotional ride everytime you worked on it. The only thing I might have done differently is the pace of the photos. I liked the fast pace you used but at certain points in the song you could have stayed on some pictures longer. Otherwise I think its great. The photographer worked hard, lots of great shots! Congratulations to both of you.

Much Love,
Kathy

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:34 am

Cristina, you did absolute justice to those beautiful photos, never overshadowing them with special effects, which is something all of us find so tempting. The show was subdued, letting the happiness in the photos have center stage. Not only that, but you also chose just the right music.

I couldn't find a thing wrong. I didn't even spot what eagle-eyed Al was talking about with the sizing of side-by-side pictures, probably because I was too busy watching the wedding.

Here's my best compliment: I don't much like wedding slide shows, normally jumping forward through the slides, but not with this one. I watched it all the way through from beginning to end.

Excellent work.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Wowwwww! Thank you all soooo much ! :D
It was really difficult to judge my own wedding show, but now I feel more confident that I am on the right way.
I agree that the synchronism with the song beat could be better... and it will be... I'll work hard on improving that. In a PM Debbie gave me some fantastic tips of how doing so .
Regarding what Al said, I also agree with him about the positioning of the pictures side by side... actually when I was composing the show, I found it very difficult to make it even on both sides and top and bottom ... I did my best but now I'll try to improve that as well. Thank you for the compliments Al... you made my day!
Ab also gave me many points to consider in a PM... thank you again Ab!
And what about you girls, Becky, Chrissy, Kathy and Barbara... I am so glad that you all could feel the emotion that was on the air that day. And yes Chrissy, I also think that my husband is indeed handsome :lol:
I can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to watch my humble PSG show. Thanks for the nice words and excellent feedback.
Cristina
Cristina

Valued Member

Postby DanMac » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Christina,
Your show was great. The music and your transitions worked well together. Your photographer did an outstanding job of capturing the moment. You certainly have a handle on putting a show together, you can be proud of your work.
The only negative for me was like Joe said; the pictures went by pretty fast. Just a little slower would be good. I found myself wanting to see more of each pic and then it was gone.
I wish you a lifetime of happiness, and I will agree with Al, you are absolutely gorgeous.

Dan
Dan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 am

Thank you Dan for watching my show and for your words.
All these nice comments coming from such talented people as yourselves really put a smile on my face ! :D
I'l try to slowdown a little bit and let the pictures stay a little longer on the screen. I'm afraid it means leaving some of my dear pictures out of the show :cry: difficult job for me... but for sure it will be worth!
Now that I have this great feedback from you all, I know exactly what I must do to make it better. Can't wait to start sharing the show with my family and friends...
As we say in Brazil, obrigada! Thank you!
Cristina
Cristina

Postby trulytango » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:49 am

One word... BEAUTIFUL :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby Anna J » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Cristina,
Your show was beautiful, as were the wedding pictures. It was a pleasure to watch. Loved the song.
Anna
Anna

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:38 pm

Well done Cristina,
You must have been making good notes while lurking the forum. The show was blessed by very good photography and it was a matter of just putting together the photos and show them at their best. No easy feat.

The first few photos set the setting, and immediatly got my full attention. This was not going to be another run of the mill show. You had 4 minutes 41seconds in which to tell a story and you did it well. I think that the timing was fine and would not touch it. The music selection was innovative and evergreen at the same time.

I am sure that you must have spent long hours on it, but it was worth every second.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby AMD » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:16 am

Cristina,

Nice show! I notice you have received some very constructive comments, especially from Al. Another minor thing that I think would help would be for those images that almost fill the screen but have the narrow black bars on each side-- either go ahead and make them fill the screen or put a soft vignette on them so you don't see the hard edges. The vignette will still work fine with the black background but would look great with a nice subtle stock background image of some sort showing.

Congratulations!

Ann

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback