Short vacation Boston/Ogunquit (5'32'')

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Short vacation Boston/Ogunquit (5'32'')

Postby Snorococo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello again !

A short vacation with friends in may 2008. At that time I made a slide show with Windows Movie Maker. This is a «remake» ! Some of you will say «to much zooming!» Well here is my point: why did we buy Proshow !?!?! I believe that for each slideshow there is the perfect recipe. But the story as to move or else I'll print my pictures and buy an album !!! Anyway it's an ART !
Running time: 5'32"
Please comment !

Robert

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7544&alb=0

Esteemed Member

Re: Short vacation Boston/Ogunquit (5'32'')

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:59 pm

LOL, Then by all means make it move! :lol: Everyone has different in tastes, it doesn't mean that if it moves it is a bad show, it just means well, that everyone else will hate it.
No, I am totally kidding. :evil: It is your show, your work, your vacation, make it move!!

Great shots, Loved the photography. Boston is such a beautiful old town rich in history, and the Cape Cod shots were great too. I have never been there so thanks for sharing that with us.

Have fun!
Sue

Postby Snorococo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks Sue for your reply !
Although I took «Old Cape Cod» by Anne Murray - in fact those pictures are shot at Ogunquit !!!
That's why there is a caption: «Oups! Old Ogunquit !» to reveal my little white lie ...
Thanks again !
Robert

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Oh, Ok. I get it now. Well, wherever it is, it is beautiful! (From what I could see around all that movement..... ) :wink:

Postby Snorococo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:49 pm

Sue
Do you think that on this kind of «moving show» I should post some kind of warning like : «Sea sick bag may be usefull» !!! :lol:
Robert

Postby lmgerrish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:58 pm

I enjoyed your show - great photos. Being from Maine I especially loved the pictures of Ogunquit (and the tide coming in to swallow up your feet!) Where did you get the clothespin slide style? The words of the song fit so well with some of your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn
Canon Rebel XTi, ProShow Gold and Producer,
Adobe Creative Suite 4 - Design Premium
Secondary Business/Technology Educator

Postby debngar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi Robert,

No seasick bag required here! Lovely little show and great pics. I only saw one picture that was zoomed in a bit much where you all were eating that scrumptious looking lobster for dinner at about 3:05 into the show. Other than that, most of the movement and zoom applied was fine. Yes I think purposeful movement is useful to keep the attention of the viewer and draw their eye to the main subject in the pictures. Static images one after the other to me can often get quickly boring. You found a nice compromise.

Never been to Boston but hubby has. Looks like a beautiful place to visit - maybe someday one of these years I'll get to see it! :roll:

Nice job. :D :D :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Snorococo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Hello Lynn !
Thanks for your comments.
«Where did you get the clothespin slide style?» If your talking about the clothesline slide it comes in the «ProShow StylePack» that I bought separately.
Robert

Postby Snorococo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi Debbie !
Thank you so much. You comfort me with my idea that a slideshow has to move somewhere somehow ! But I understand that it is a question of taste and balance. Usually I find that the music sets the pacing. Thanks again.
By the way, I am from Sherbrooke (Quebec/Canada) about 5 hours north of Boston - so if you ever decide to make a trip in New England you could also drive up to Montreal or Quebec City - very nice places for photography :D

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Sue
Do you think that on this kind of «moving show» I should post some kind of warning like : «Sea sick bag may be usefull» !!!
Robert

Touche' you evil man.

Sue

Postby Snorococo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 pm

Sue
Maybe I could be more elegant or subtle with an opening like: «This is captain Bob on ProShow Air Line, welcome aboard ... » :lol: :lol: :lol:
Captain Bob

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:01 pm

LOL, It has a nice ring to it.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback