Cretique my first slideshow, please...

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Re: Cretique my first slideshow, please...

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:15 pm

LOL Me too Rosemary! There's so much that is still unknown to me but it has been a blast creating shows and figuring things out. If I really get into a show, I can put it out in no time at all, others I sit for weeks staring at the screen. I look at all of the members shows that have been here for a long time and just get inspired! They are amazing and always helpful and kind. I love me some Proshow Enthusiasts!

Sue

Henry111

Postby Henry111 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:47 pm

So that you good folks who were kind enough to cretique my slideshow will know that your time and efforts were not wasted on me, I've listed below some of the changes I am currently making, all per your suggestions. Please forgive me for not including names of people who made each suggestion, but you probably know already.

One: Corrected all spelling.

Two: Stopped the movement of slides that were moving with no valid purpose.

Three: Tamed some of the zooms, particularly the "girl slide". Less zoom and moved her a bit to the left to make more room for text.

Four: Made more room for text so as not to overlap photos, although in some cases I did not feel that it was practical.

Five: On one of the earlier slides where there is a of lot text, I devided it in half. Put text on the left, photo on the right. For easier reading, I will spread the text over three slides. Problem here is that when I shot these pics I did not know that I was going to make a slideshow, so I don't have many to choose from without repeating. Oh well, I'll cheat. I'll crop. I'll flop. I'll do something.

Six: Cut some of my writing...oh the pain! Keep in mind, though, that this slideshow had a commercial purpose--to sell charters and tours of the ship, Dirigo.

Personal opinion regarding text on storytelling slideshows: (BTW, I already own that domain.) I believe the ultimate accomplishment would be a storytelling slideshow with absolutely NO TEXT. But for a windbag like me? Now that's hard!

Seven: Got more consistent with text colors in those cases where the text would remain readable.

Eight: Got rid of all text fly-ins. But kept a couple of text "pan-downs" where I thought they worked well--like the guy being hanged.

Nine: Learning about Vernon's tip regarding "Caption Start to End" function to prevent zooms from jumping at the end.

Nine: Audio suggestions, especially effects such as to the guns firing: I'm still working on and learning about Vernon's "...valume dip.

There is so much to learn about audio that I am going to devote some time to learning Awdacity. Damn! Another learning curve to climb.

Thanks all.

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Wow Henry, Now if I could get my kids to listen like that...

You Rock!
Sue

Henry111

Postby Henry111 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks Sue.
I wonder if the "kids" on this site know how lucky they are.
I'm an older dude who remembers the days when in order to get the kind of editing that we enjoy here for free, would have cost a bundle$$$$.

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback