Shasta Lake 2009

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Shasta Lake 2009

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Whew, this was intended to be a short video. I let the kids pick the music. Lord, someone buy me a drink.
It's just under 10 minutes. Two songs. The second song (I should warn you) has the s word in it, and if you have heart trouble or seizures, I dont recommend it. It sure was fun making it though!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5317&alb=0

Sue

Re: Shasta Lake 2009

Postby Mokummer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi iknowwhereitis123

Another nice family show with plenty of action shots that would have more impact
when cropped with just the action showing.

I like you credits. Sorry for the old fat guys.

Thanks for showing.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:23 am

Man, I bow to the master! That was excellent!! Your photography was outstanding, your effects worked perfectly and your timing is impeccable!! Also, after reading your credits, I want to go on vacation with you!! lol
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby sierra springs » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:28 am

I am so glad I watched the whole thing. Really nice job matching the photos to the music. I need to watch this a couple more times just to learn. You also have some really nice photography in this show.
Karen Schmautz
Sierra Springs Photography
http://sierraspringsphotography.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sierra-Sp ... 5862554911

If you could see what I see...

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank goodness I didn't kill the board!

Thanks for watching mokummer, and thanks for the advice, I'm glad you liked the credits. LOL. When you watch it on a 57 inch TV, I think you get the right perspective. I will look at closer crops and see what happens.

Tina, you and I would be TROUBLE. Do you have any bail money?
Thanks for the compliments, holy cow! I've always been Grasshopper, never master. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

Sierra springs, I'm glad you watched the whole thing too! I know it was long but I love the second half. As for the photography, I am getting better but have a long way to go. I got my first DSLR a year ago and I love it. I am so hooked.
My husbands cousin let me try her Canon 5D mark II the other night, it had a 70-200 f2.8 on it. I think it weighed 430 lbs but I have been drooling ever since. Maybe Honey needs one for his birthday?? :twisted:

Sue

Postby nancy156 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Fabulous show!!! You did a terrific job. And I must tell you that I didn't notice anything in the songs. I was much too busy just enjoying the ride. I think this is one place I would love to visit, but it is a little far for me. Thanks so much for sharing your vacation and lovely family pics!!
Nancy

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks Nancy! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride. It is so beautiful down there and the water is so warm. One of these days, you have to go!

Thanks again,
Sue

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 pm

iknowwhereitis123 wrote:Tina, you and I would be TROUBLE. Do you have any bail money?

LOL That is what FRIENDS are for!!

Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi Sue,

Really nice job you did on this show. What a treasure for what looked like a wonderful and memorable outing. I miss hiking and rock hopping to waterfalls, ah what fun. No time anymore lately. :( I've never been to Shasta lake itself except to drive through the area in all the years I've lived in California and I only live about 3 hrs away or so.

Great stop action timing to the music throughout, especially in the wake jumping segments early on and around the 8:00 min mark.

Yes, the 70-200 2.8 is a sweet lens. I have the one with "IS", but as you've probably discovered, carrying it around for more than an hour gets old really fast. I think on my old 30D, the combined weight was at least 6.5 lbs. I use a 5DMII now which is a little heavier. I really need to start lifting weights on a regular basis. Every time I spend a few hours carrying that lens around, I'm exhausted! :shock:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Deb! Thanks for the compliments. It was so fun to make. We just returned from Cheer Camp for 4 days where the song my daughter's team danced to was the same as the second song I used. Those girls can move!

So how cool is your camera? I love the pictures she takes with hers, but she is a very talented photographer so that may have something to do with it. :wink:

Burning dinner again, have to run!
Sue

Postby debngar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:50 am

iknowwhereitis123 wrote:-snip-

So how cool is your camera? I love the pictures she takes with hers, but she is a very talented photographer so that may have something to do with it. :wink:
=snip=
Sue

Yes the camera and a good lens are both nice to have but the operator makes a difference too. I still have a lot to learn. I like it that I can crank up the ISO more than on the 30D before noticing too much noise.

Will we be seeing a show from the 4 days of camp?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 am

Possibly in a week or so. They are so darn cute. They had so much fun but I think they will sleep for a few days. Camp was from 8 am to 9 pm for 4 days, on a football field in 95 degree weather. When camp was over yesterday we stopped at a park for lunch and the girls also performed "Thriller" for us. It was hysterical. I just can't believe their energy. Now if I can find the energy to listen to that music again for a show....

Sue

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback