A Day at Kings Island

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
mark720

A Day at Kings Island

Postby mark720 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:30 am

Ok so this is my first posting. I am new to Producer but trying to learn.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3106456&alb=0

Re: A Day at Kings Island

Postby kabeeo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Congrats on the first show. It's always the best way to learn. Good job.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby tomdavis » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Very nicely done young man. Ya got more bells and whistles into this show than I did on my first show. If and when the big guns post comments on your show, pay particular attention to what they have to say. You learn a lot from their comments. I would say the first comment would be 'TOO MUCH MOTION!" But, you have to try everything out to see what ya like and do not like. Keep posting. Many comments on this forum boils down to one frequent comment...................HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Tom

Postby Deb » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:24 am

GREAT show!! Hard to believe it is your first!! :D

I don't usually agree with the 'too much movement' comments because I love lots of movement BUT I think that some of your slide styles do need to be slowed down abit. Some of the pics flashed on screen way too fast and the viewer does not get a chance to see the photo ... I don't necessarily think you need to cut down on the number of styles you used (although I am sure there will be lots who disagree!!! :D ) but lengthen your slide times.

Aside from that it was GOOD!!! I liked that you included the video clip - it adds so much to a show and your pictures were great too!! Looked like you had a fun day!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:36 am

The minute you see so many effects, you can be sure its a newbie. Even more so when somebody gets a new style pack. Its human nature to try everything and put it all in one show. But is makes a good styles demo and a good reference.

Now having said that, you demonstrate a good command of the program and have presented an action situation with good use of styles. We preach that most of the times, less is more. The show should have a beginning, building to a crescendo (time for a style or two) and a conclusion Maybe a slow style.

Have another go. I will be looking out for you as I can see potential.

pd
regards.
pd

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:35 pm

WOW! Very nice. I am going to go against the pack here and say that I loved the motion. I think that there are very few times when you can use so many styles and motions but this is one of them. Very fun, high energy place and the show fits that. I would expect to see a lot of fast action and you delivered. A couple of times I would have liked to stop the pic for a few seconds longer to see everything, but I loved the feel of it. Wish I could have been with you!

You may want to post this in the Producer section and get more feedback.

Sue

Postby trulytango » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Well done! I'm not a Theme Park person myself (height and speed scare the living daylights out of me) but your show captured the excitement and thrills of being right there 8)

I thought you made excellent use of the styles in Producer - they fitted perfectly with the content of your show!

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:04 am

This is going to be a hard one to comment on. I do think you used a few more slide styles than I would have, but it is your show and I can tell that you like them - and it really did work pretty good with this type of show.
The only thing that you should do is not use the same style over and over.....don't use them just because you can. It really is okay to just let an image sit there. But like I said - this is the one type of show that all rules can fly out the window.
Thanks for posting and congrats on your first posted show. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:08 am

Hi Mark...just watched your show, it was sooo fun..I got to see some of the new styles in action, it was like watching a Photodex demo on the new slides....it was really good for your first show, you just jumped right in...I enjoyed it very much :)
looking forward to seeing more shows from you :)
take care
Chrissy
I am like Iris, I prefer staying on the ground watching! :D

Postby trulytango » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:59 am

Chrissy... I don't just watch, I come in very handy for taking care of coats, purses, cameras and other loose stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk to you soon
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

mark720

Postby mark720 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks for all your feedback...good and negative...It definatley gives me a perspective on things, since my wife doesn't really criticize me I like to hear the negative things also. I'll keep on trying. Thanks again. This is a really cool site.

Mark

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback